Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8-0ers detain soccer player over Jesus tattoo

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_16...-10391697.html

A Colombian soccer player was detained in Saudi Arabia for publicly displaying religious tattoos, including one of Jesus, according to Colombia Reports.

Juan Pablo Pino, who plays for Saudi Arabia's Al Nasr soccer club, was arrested by the Saudi moral police in Riyadh when customers at a mall complained about the tattoos, which were visible because he was wearing a sleeveless shirt. Pino, 24, was at the mall with his pregnant wife, the Catholic News Agency reports.

A Saudi cleric told Colombia Reports that the country respects Shariah law and that tattoos must be covered at all times.

Pino reportedly expressed "deep sorrow" for his actions and was released from custody after a team delegate intervened on his behalf.

The local paper Sharq reported that that after the incident, Pino's wife has asked that the family leave the country.

Last year a similar incident took place in the conservative Muslim country when a Romanian soccer player club kissed the tattoo of a cross he has on his arm after scoring a goal, the Catholic News Agency reports.

Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of Islam, follows deeply conservative social traditions and adheres closely to a strict version of Islam.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

La ekr f'edin ............. where?!

Watch Teymourian who is the heart of our game scoring and assisting like a lion and doing the "cross".
    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

countless problems in the world today and this is considered a problem in the muslim world

joke

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
        La ekr f'edin ............. where?!

Watch Teymourian who is the heart of our game scoring and assisting like a lion and doing the "cross".
        did u realise how nowadays they "edit" and cut out Teymorian's cross drawing at TM matches??

Comment

Originally posted by DubFreeek View Post
          did u realise how nowadays they "edit" and cut out Teymorian's cross drawing at TM matches??
          Are you kidding me? Don't spread such rubbish. There are countless of highlights that you clearly see Ando doing the cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
            Are you kidding me? Don't spread such rubbish. There are countless of highlights that you clearly see Ando doing the cross.
            dadash, alaki hartoo poort nakon, watch it yourself and judge:

the official broadcast (IRIB) of the match:

Doorbin Khabarzas:

in both clips they somehow deliberately cut out the cross part (in the doorbin khabrsaz u see is very obvious)

So if you have something that can prove me wrong then prove it, if not then be quiet and dont use vocabulary bigger than your mouth, chonke be labaye naazo ghoncheyeet nemiyad

Comment

Editing is retarded indeed (ridam to IR) but Ando never faced any problems drawing the cross. He does it all the time. That poor guy just walked around and the subhumans got offended by seeing his tatoo (ridiculous).

edit: they edit it out for the highlights, dar pakhshe zende kamelan moshakhas bud.
              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Serves him right for playing in a backwarded ass country like Saudi Arabia for the money. If you act like a whore then dont get mad when you are treated like one.

Comment

dadash, alaki hartoo poort nakon, watch it yourself and judge:
                  the official broadcast (IRIB) of the match:

Doorbin Khabarzas:

in both clips they somehow deliberately cut out the cross part (in the doorbin khabrsaz u see is very obvious)
                  So if you have something that can prove me wrong then prove it, if not then be quiet and dont use vocabulary bigger than your mouth, chonke be labaye naazo ghoncheyeet nemiyad

Aziz,

I'm not sure if you saw the live IRIB broadcast of the game but Ando didn't show the cross either. I think you're just using this situation to make an argument which you're obviously lacking.

Comment

Aziz,
                    I'm not sure if you saw the live IRIB broadcast of the game but Ando didn't show the cross either. I think you're just using this situation to make an argument which you're obviously lacking.

AGAIN I TELL U .. watch minute 5.46 if u dont call that "cutting out" then I dont know what u call that dadash.... You dont have to admit to me that I'm right, just be honest with urself

Comment

Surprising. Usually Saudis bend over backwards for the non-local players.

Comment

AGAIN I TELL U .. watch minute 5.46 if u dont call that "cutting out" then I dont know what u call that dadash.... You dont have to admit to me that I'm right, just be honest with urself

Aziz,

Believe me, I'd be the first person to tell you that you're right. I have no problem with that but on the live broadcast he didn't do the cross or the cameras were showing the fans. I don't think it was cut out if the live broadcast didn't show it.

Comment

Comment

Aziz,
                            Believe me, I'd be the first person to tell you that you're right. I have no problem with that but on the live broadcast he didn't do the cross or the cameras were showing the fans. I don't think it was cut out if the live broadcast didn't show it.
                            Sharkie jaan, I'm not sure if you know, but in Iran many matches are not actually "live", but the broadcast is delayed for a minute or so, so that, if necessary, they can cut out or edit the footage (like when political anti-regime stuff was chanted, or when they see "immoral" things).

That being said, I think people are taking this "Ando doing the cross" thing too far. In my opinion he's not doing any "cross" or any religious signs, but it's merely his way of celebrating.
                            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

I've seen Ando do the cross on a number of occasions when he has scored. He doesn't do it all the time, though he does seem to do it more often when he scores for TM, from what I recall.

The moral of the story here is that, in Iran one does not get picked up and taken to the police station for questioning for such a thing as either showing your tattoos or doing the cross, no matter how backasswords the country may have become after the mullahs ridan be keshvaremoon. I've not been home for quite a while, but I assume they probably do not want you to reveal your tattoos though, so one probably has to wear long sleeves, but I've not heard of people being jailed for showing tattoos in Iran, which brings me to the case of Dejagah. Should he eventually join TM, I expect we will see him in long sleeves, or some other form of arm band/cover.
                              He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt, for he has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Comment

Working...
                              X