Barcas use of David Villa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barcas use of David Villa

David Villa has been my favorite player for years now and to me hes the best striker in the world and has been for a while. Im glad hes getting all the trophies and accolades with barca, but i feel like he is being soooo under-utilized there. All he does is stand on the left wing and pass the ball back to iniesta/xavi whenever he gets it. The only time his creativity shows is through 1-2 passes. This guy should be the focal point of an elite offense, not a role player. Honestly i feel like barca is wasting their money paying a guy like villa to play that role when any one of their army of 5'5" youth players could do the exact same thing. Thoughts?

is than an ad? wtf

Comment

the focal point of the Barca offense is Messi.

Comment

Yea, i think villa was much better in Valencia!
        sigpic

Comment

He's not in his prime anymore - Get over it.

Comment

He's still scoring goals, 21 goals in 42 games is not bad considering Messi is the main striker and gets most of the goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post
              He's still scoring goals, 21 goals in 42 games is not bad considering Messi is the main striker and gets most of the goals.
              Exactly, plus he runs his ass off every game!

Comment

what do you want barca to do? Messi is better than him lol...so theres no way he'd replace messi as the focal point....
                sigpic

Comment

maybe so but he still does what u want occasionally and barca still needs him to be as dominant as they are. Those other players might do those things but they wont be villa, some players are irreplaceable and if he leaves i dont think barca would be as good as they are. Lots of players will be in shadow of messi like pippen was with jordan but thats ok, as long as u win trophies and are part of history.

Comment

Working...
                  X