Arsalan Kazemi in NCAA 2011-2012 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsalan Kazemi in NCAA 2011-2012 season

The season started last night November 12th and Arsalan Kazemi earned his 28th career double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds in 23 minutes. Adding to that he had 3 blocks and 2 steals with a 5-7(71%) shooting performance. He was 1/3(33%) from the FT line.

Rice won the game 83-49 against a non conference team named New Orleans Privateers.

Thank you. Keep us updated. He has a very bright future ahead of him.

Comment

thanks, arsalan is our future, he really should be going into the NBA

Comment

The season has just started and honors start to pour in for Arsalan Kazemi,the Iranian Beast.

Arsalan Kazemi named to The 2011-12 Lute Olson Preseason All-America Team

He is now a top 20 player in the NCAA Div I. First round Draftee is what he should look for now.

Comment

i hope he can enter the draft this summer after having a good season. It just really sucks we didnt make olympics so he can show himself off more

by the way, i never understood the mustache thing for our national basketball team....what was that about??

Comment

I hope Arsalan will carry on his success at the NCAA Division I and have has draft stock increase. He's an exceptional player with tremendous talent. Hope he pushes himself to reach his utmost potential.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
              i hope he can enter the draft this summer after having a good season. It just really sucks we didnt make olympics so he can show himself off more

by the way, i never understood the mustache thing for our national basketball team....what was that about??
              I think it was in honour of the late Freddy Mercury who was of Persian descent.

Comment

i know it was a pickup game, but it is still pretty impressive. and the lute olsen top 20?!?!?!? that's pretty huge

Comment

Arsalan Kazemi records his 29th career and 2nd consecutive double-double with 10 points and 13 rebounds against Southern University.

He played for 28 minutes last night and dished a game-high 5 assists to go along with his 2 TO's. He also blocked 1 shot for the game.

Rice won their second game 80-65.

Comment

Thanks for the updates behzad jan. Much appreciated.

Comment

courtesy of Keyan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTlW4k3wfBE

includes some of arsalan's dunks this year

Comment

Updates?

Comment

i have kind of been following him, he is setting some sort of a school record for rebounds in a season for rice university. he had a light knee injury couple of weeks ago that slowed him down, before the injury he was 3rd in the nation in rebounds. now he is number 8 in the nation in rebound/game. actually considering his size 6'7'' he is pulling down 10.5 rebounds a game which is amazing considering the tall players in other teams.

if he keeps this up for next season i think he will have a great chance of being drafted late first round or early second round. he can rebound, assist and can shoot the ball.

btw i think he also setting a school record for double-double and is also a leader in nation in this category also
                          IRI = FAILED

Comment

my kinda luck....the mountain west (which the school i attend UNLV is a part of) will join Conf USA in 2013-2014. Too bad Kazemi won't be there by that time =(

Comment

Kazemi ties C-USA career double-double record
                              HOUSTON - Tamir Jackson scored a game-high 12 points and Arsalan Kazemi tied a Conference USA career record with his 42nd double-double as the Owls defeated SMU 43-39 in Tudor Fieldhouse Saturday.
                              Rice won its second straight game this week to improve to 15-11 overall and 6-5 in conference play but Saturday's victory would not come easy.
                              The Owls failed to make a field goal in the final 9:48 of the game after a Jackson three-pointer gave Rice a 39-30 lead.. SMU would close the gap to as few as three points when Shawn Williams sank a three-pointer to narrow the Owls' lead to 40-37 with 5:36 to play.
                              At the other end of the floor, Connor Frizzelle would miss a three-pointer near the end of the shot clock but Jackson grabbed the offensive board and Kazemi was fouled on a drive to the basket. The junior would make both of his free throws to extend the lead back to five, 42-37, with 4:40 left.
                              Kazemi's free throws marked the Owls' only second chance points of the game. Rice outrebounded SMU 33-29 and came down with eight of the final 12 boards in the contest.

Comment

Working...
                              X