Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uzbekistan forcing yellow cards in their last game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uzbekistan forcing yellow cards in their last game?

Someone else noticed and posted about this in another forum, but I wanted to post the information here as well so that it would get coverage and Uzbekistan will hopefully be punished by AFC.

If you remember Mourinho and Real Madrid did something similar in the Champions League where some players who already had a yellow went on and forced a second yellow card in the dying minutes of a match where Real Madrid was already winning. By doing so, these players would miss the next match which was meaningless and be available for the knockout stages.

Uzbekistan by forcing yellow cards in their last match, would ensure that their players who were already carded would be available for the next round.

Uzbekistan received a total of 7 yellow cards in their last match vs Tajikistan. All those yellow cards came after they were leading and 5 of them came after the 70th minute. Here are the list of players who got a yellow card in the last match:

(C)Odil AHMEDOV (54')
    Alexander GEYNRIKH (58')
    Shavkatjon MULLADJANOV (71')
    Sanjar TURSUNOV (79')
    Islom TUHTAHUJAEV (82')
    Server DJEPAROV (84')
    Vagiz GALIULIN (90'+2)

These are the list of players who had a yellow card prior to the Tajikistan match:

Vagiz GALIULIN (72')----Also received a late yellow card in Tajikistan match
    Shavkatjon MULLADJANOV (64')---Also received a late yellow card in Tajikistan match
    Server DJEPAROV (67')---Also received a late yellow card in Tajikistan match
    Sanjar TURSUNOV (77')---Also received a late yellow card in Tajikistan match
    Alexander GEYNRIKH (UZB) 82'---Also received a late yellow card in Tajikistan match
    Islom TUHTAHUJAEV (UZB) 89'---Also received a late yellow card in Tajikistan match

So basically everyone who already had a yellow card for Uzbekistan got a second yellow card in the Tajikistan match! I think AFC should come down hard on this and just like UEFA sanction Uzbekistan and their head coach.

There will be no punishment. What they did is legal and fairly common.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      There will be no punishment. What they did is legal and fairly common.
      Real Madrid and Mourinho were punished for doing the same thing. You may want to look it up.

Comment

I've seen it as blatantly as a player (Alexi Lalas) holding the ball on a throw in (against Costa Rica) and refusing it to throw it in until he got a yellow and thus missed the last game of the 1st round of qualification (against Guatemala) which he was planning on missing anyway as they had already qualified for the next round and he would now have a clean slate. This was back in 1996 so perhaps it's changed sine then.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Yes, s couple of times players were punished for this, but this is afc. On the other hand, uzbeks have no lobby and they have been screwed over repeatedly by afc in the past.

Comment

We had to do this also. Clever act and no punishment, as long as you do it "professionell" and not with letters or SENDING players to Casillas and telling them to do so...
            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
            -

Comment

No punishment will be handed. Although, it's distasteful and threatens the integrity of the game, its common.

Comment

We should complain and get them punished. For the (1) Integrity of the sport. (2) Test pfdc's/fans clout with AFC. (3) For LOLS hahah

Comment

I am surprised that most of you are not having a big issue with this. It's just very unfair to teams in the next round. This is not only unfair but unsportsmanlike. Remember we are not talking about one or two Uzbek players doing this but all the 6 who had prior yellow cards!

There is nothing smart about it. This really goes against the integrity of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork View Post
                    We should complain and get them punished. For the (1) Integrity of the sport. (2) Test pfdc's/fans clout with AFC. (3) For LOLS hahah
                    Yea
                    Someone prepare a petition so we can all sign..!

Comment

^ good idia

Comment

yah but dont they wipe them clean for the next round?! if so then why even force yellows when they all will be wiped away for next round?!

Comment

Originally posted by hzv View Post
                          yah but dont they wipe them clean for the next round?! if so then why even force yellows when they all will be wiped away for next round?!
                          Speaking of wiping clean, what is saudi4life#8's new username?

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            Speaking of wiping clean, what is saudi4life#8's new username?
                            lol thats one thing they can never wipe clean! 8-0 forever will stand. our german brothers showed us how to deal with these sandis too bad we dont pay attention.

Comment

Kicking this back up again.

Comment

Working...
                              X