The official 2011-12 NBA season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official 2011-12 NBA season thread

well now that we know that we will at last have a season () we need a thread to do our trash talking

cant wait till christmas day there are gonna be some good games, ill be in madison square garden to see my knicks get their first W of the season

i personally think its gonna be a great season....the east is getting stronger and the lower teams in the west like the timberwolves, clippers, kings, golden state all have potential to be good solid teams this season after having disappointing ones last year.

by the way, what did all of you laker fans think about the whole chris paul dilemma? i know if i was a laker fan id be pretty pissed

EDIT: sorry i didnt see another nba season thread was open please close this one mods
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

im going to OU next semester 25 mins from the Peake cant wait. First time ive lived in a city where im a fan of the basketball team since the 99 knicks, and even then i was more of a sixer fan.

about the trade

I actually think the trade being vetoed is good for the lakers, because now they can use gasol and try to go after Howard. As a laker hater I wasnt that upset when the trade happened because the lakers with paul are much less scary than the lakers with howard. Although the nightmare scenario was them using bynum and all their draft picks for the next hundred years or something for howard.

even if that happened, though, i still dont think that would have made them invincible, which would have made for some incredible games.

As far as all the outrage and ppl saying its a travesty etc...why dont people get that the NBA owns the Hornets? If they dont want the trade to happen, its not gonna happen. Simple as that.

Question for my fellow thunder fans:
    What if we traded perkins (WHO ****ING SUCKSSSSS, ive always hated him but gave him a chance when he came to okc, only to be reminded every single game why I hated him so much) for anything, draft pick, cap space, scrub, whatever, and then went after chandler, who shouldve been on our team to begin with (He was traded to OKC a couple years back but failed a physical)? Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Ibaka-Chandler? Are you kidding me? Why wasnt that even considered?

btw ghermez congrats on chandler, thats one helluva front court lol. Btw how fun is gonna be going to Brooklyn games, even if ur not a fan of theirs? I go back to nyc a lot and cant wait to check one out

one note: in case ppl think im a bandwagon fan with the thunder because of westbrook/durant and how good they are, my favorite player in the NBA is JAMES HARDEN, thats why im a thunder fan. If he was drafted by golden state or something i wouldve been a warrior fan, if he was traded to the boston like the celtics wanted instead of jeff green then i wouldve been a...ok i could never be a celtics fan, but you get the idea.

Comment

oh and it looks like brandon roy is retiring....sooooo sad, great player, great guy

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
        im going to OU next semester 25 mins from the Peake cant wait. First time ive lived in a city where im a fan of the basketball team since the 99 knicks, and even then i was more of a sixer fan.
        about the trade
        I actually think the trade being vetoed is good for the lakers, because now they can use gasol and try to go after Howard. As a laker hater I wasnt that upset when the trade happened because the lakers with paul are much less scary than the lakers with howard. Although the nightmare scenario was them using bynum and all their draft picks for the next hundred years or something for howard.
        even if that happened, though, i still dont think that would have made them invincible, which would have made for some incredible games.
        As far as all the outrage and ppl saying its a travesty etc...why dont people get that the NBA owns the Hornets? If they dont want the trade to happen, its not gonna happen. Simple as that.
        Question for my fellow thunder fans:
        What if we traded perkins (WHO ****ING SUCKSSSSS, ive always hated him but gave him a chance when he came to okc, only to be reminded every single game why I hated him so much) for anything, draft pick, cap space, scrub, whatever, and then went after chandler, who shouldve been on our team to begin with (He was traded to OKC a couple years back but failed a physical)? Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Ibaka-Chandler? Are you kidding me? Why wasnt that even considered?
        btw ghermez congrats on chandler, thats one helluva front court lol. Btw how fun is gonna be going to Brooklyn games, even if ur not a fan of theirs? I go back to nyc a lot and cant wait to check one out
        one note: in case ppl think im a bandwagon fan with the thunder because of westbrook/durant and how good they are, my favorite player in the NBA is JAMES HARDEN, thats why im a thunder fan. If he was drafted by golden state or something i wouldve been a warrior fan, if he was traded to the boston like the celtics wanted instead of jeff green then i wouldve been a...ok i could never be a celtics fan, but you get the idea.
        Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
        oh and it looks like brandon roy is retiring....sooooo sad, great player, great guy
        i totally agree on the fact that i would have absolutely hated to see howard in LA. but not worry as of now, it looks like he'll be going to the nets, the magic GM got the ok by the league today to speak to the nets.

im so excited about chandler.....he is exactly what we needed all of last season. finally, we now have at least one center on our squad

its so sad to see what happened to brandon roy....such a terrific player and a great person on top of it, and at such an early age he has to retire. its really a horrible thing to see happen to such a person, i wish him all the success in the world whatever he inds up going in the future (coaching, managing, working in a team, etc.)

good luck to okc this season nypimipofpersia34 jan, theyre one of the teams i root for after the knicks, i think they'll be able to do big things this season....and dont be so hard on perkins! he was great in boston, he needs to get settled in okc a bit first and then im sure he'll be able to some good things for your team
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Didn't know where to post so I just posted it here.

Ray Allen to the Miami Heat? It's official, using Miami in 2K13 will be like using a cheat code. I mean come on the best all time 3pointer will now join the big 3 !! pffff lool it ain't even fair anymore lool
          and another big news is finally seeing Steve Nash joining a strong team , LA lakers !! He will be a big time asset for them throughout the season now the just need a get a big power forward if ever gasol plans to leave

one other thing timberwolves are officially playoff contenders...batum, roy, love, rubio... they're building a strong squad !
          Last edited by PouriaAkaBarut; 07-07-2012, 09:36 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X