3 Iranians in UFC - 2 of them fighting on january 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Iranians in UFC - 2 of them fighting on january 20th

Kamal Shalorus the Prince of Persian (Please join the Official Page, we need more than 400 members http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kam...06810586010266) fights against unbeaten russian Sambo Champ on UFC on FX january 20th.

on the same card reza madadi who has his first fight on ufc on the same fight card.

Amir sadollah will fight jorge lopez 1-2 month later.

Wow cool, thanks for sharing. I have a couple of comments to make. Firstly, I should say I feel bad for Kamal Shalorus, he has been put up against another very very strong opponent, I hope he can pull this off. Secondly, I have never heard of Reza Madadi, excited to see how he preforms, interesting how according to wiki he is born in Iran, but in one of the first google images that come up he is holding a huge Swedish flag.. I really like Amir Sadollah, he is a good fighter but I have yet too see him really rise up to anything he seems too get a little bit better each fight then he loses then he gets a little better again resulting in a cycle, I have yet to see any huge growth from him, no signs that he should be considered a title contender at all. He fights with good Muay Thai but he fights very stiff.

Regardless, I wish the best for all of them and I hope they make us proud !
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Reza Madadi is one of the best european fighters in his weightclass. He is also european wrestling champ.

He is iranian who lives in sweden and always says i love sweden its my home as iran is my home but he always says he is iranian and he will fight under the iranian flag in ufc. He is practicing muslim and also a friend of kamal shalorus.

Kamals opponent, i dont know what to think about him. He has never fought outside of russia and these countries but according to some sites he is 3 times sambo champion and is unbeaten in 16 mma fights. Still from what i saw he can beat kamal only with triangles and chokes and such things. i dont think he has the power of kamal. i really pray kamal wins because last time he lost to jim miller i thought i get a heart attack, i was really afraid of dying man jim miller was too gangsta ,

since his last fight kamal has changed his team and worked with many diffrent coaches and mma fighters, he is ready as never before and im very sure he will win.

about amir sadollah, i like him but he will always be average i think. also i dont care too much about him since kamal and reza are hardcore iranians.

Comment

Man i dont get it is it so hard that we get some thound iranians supporting him on facebook ????? he is iranian athlete who represets iran in one of the biggest sports worldwide !!!

Comment

unfortunately neither of the 3 will grow into a super star....maybe kamal if he learns more technics.....kamal is very strong but he relies too much on his strength, he doesnt have much martial arts technics and is not quick enough. The other 2 guys are good but not that strong, they rely on their technics too much. We will see better iranian fighters in the future, especially if the official kick off in iran takes off...that is if gov't doesnt screw around with it.

i really hope to see kamal succeed and i hope you're right and that he has added more stuff to his game...but his opponent is damn tough too.

Comment

Also, even tho Kamal's exact age isn't known, he isn't all that young. Most people his estimated age ( early - mid 30's) have been in the UFC for a while, so he really has a lot to prove. I am sure he has a lot of stress, and I really do wish the best for him, and if his coaching and everything has changed I am sure he will have a good fight ! If the unfortunate happens and he loses, it should be remembered that Dana White doesn't give too many chances, I think if you lose 3 you are usually kicked out unless your contract says otherwise. But we gotta stay positive, KAMAL you got this !!!

Ps like his page and add him as a friend on facebook !

Comment

ya it really sux he got 2 really tough match ups...but he was undefeated for a while. Anyways good luck to him, he's gheyrati and hopefully he can pull a surprise and kick that fukkin russians ass

Comment

seems like the next fight will determine his stay in UFC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbRlC...eature=related
                one part in the video dana white is talking about it around 50th second.

Comment

very excited stay tunnnnedddddd

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                    unfortunately neither of the 3 will grow into a super star....maybe kamal if he learns more technics.....kamal is very strong but he relies too much on his strength, he doesnt have much martial arts technics and is not quick enough. The other 2 guys are good but not that strong, they rely on their technics too much. We will see better iranian fighters in the future, especially if the official kick off in iran takes off...that is if gov't doesnt screw around with it.

i really hope to see kamal succeed and i hope you're right and that he has added more stuff to his game...but his opponent is damn tough too.
                    This ^^

Kamal is a wrestler with really bad stand up but he chooses to fight standing in most of his fights. He is really stiff when he throws punches which actually takes power away from a punch. He needs to loosen up a little bit if he is going to fight standing up, he has a great chin and good power but I think it's too late for him to improve too much.

Although his next opponent seems tough on paper, he hasn't faced any big names, those 16 wins were against nobodies and he has never fought in the U.S, so he might not be used to fighting in a cage but in a ring instead. Either way though going undefeated for 16 fights is not easy and he's finished most of his opponents, even if they weren't top competition, so I don't like Kamal's chances in this fight.

I don't know much about Maddadi but from his record he seems like a more well rounded fighter then Shalorus, he has most of his wins by submission so I'm guessing his ground game is decent but I don't think he will become a world beater or anything. His opponent doesn't seem that good on paper but he has fought some top guys including the current P4P best Anderson Silva so he definitely has the experience.

Either way none of these guys are anything too special. If you want to see some good Iranian MMA fighters, first it has to get popular in Iran. Then it needs good coaches to come over to Iran and start teaching BJJ, which I think is probably the only martial art that's lacking in Iran. The wrestling instruction is world class, Kickboxing, Karate, Taekwondo they are all there. Maybe the Boxing instruction isn't that great either, I'm not too sure, I haven't heard of any top boxers coming out of Iran winning much in the Olympics or Asian games or anywhere for that matter.

Then alot of the athletes that would be competing in the Olympics for us in sports like Wrestling, Karate and Taekwondo will be able to transition into MMA and get the right training to be successful.

Comment

Reza Madadi is out due to Visa problems. As i heard he is going to be on the sweden fightcard in april.

Please join the facebook page of kamal, he has a little surprise video for us there tommorow. 400 fans only yet ??? common man he is iranian and represents iran in ufc

Comment

i saw on kamals facebook page that he's fighting Rafael Dos Anjos on May 15, 2012

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kam...06810586010266

Kamal will fight Rafael Dos Anjos its true and on his official facebook. Very strong opponent again a jj black belt, this is kamals last chance, it will be very depressing if he loses he will be cut by ufc

Comment

sadly i think he will lose cuz he's waaaaaaay too dependent on his one punch knock out. He does have a very strong punch and if he catches them he can very well win but to rely on that is very low chance. He's not that technical and he's old....his opponents are 10 + years younger and faster. I have yet to see good wrestling from him so unless he can do more of his wrestling and get some good punches in, i dont see him winning.

And if he's really 39 what kind of possible career can he have??

Comment

i dont know but i feel very sad, i love him and think that he would beat everyone if it comes to power, but somehow as soon as the fight starts i always have the feeling he will lose badly. he isnt good for a suprise and as a wrestler he should wrestle.

dos anjos isnt the best fighter in the world but he is faster than kamal, is younger, bjj black belt and beat george sodirouplis.

if he loses he is out i dont want to imagine that, hopefully he proves that he is still there and kills dos anjos

Comment

Working...
                              X