Former Laker starter Smush Parker signs with Iranian team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former Laker starter Smush Parker signs with Iranian team

According to this article, Smush Parker has signed with the Iranian team "Petro."

I have never heard of Petro, which team are they? Is it just a translation of Sanat Naft or something?

Oh and a big LOL at this story. Kobe's starting point guard during his prime now plays in Iran. Goes to show what kind of talent Kobe had around him during his prime of 2005-2007. Luke Walton, Kwame Brown and Smush Parker were the formidable teammates Kobe had to work with.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/world/a...eph_forte.html

WTF?!?!?!? this is weird. but cool to bring nba experience (no matter how bad he sucked) to iran.

Comment

WOW

i remember when lee nailon and loren woods went to iran....2 nba players i knew of (lee because he was a knick and wasnt that bad and loren woods cause i used to use him in nba live 2002 ) but smush going to iran is pretty big for our basketball.

smush is probably now the best player iran has seen (amongst foreigners atleast). hopefully we will start to see more former nba players in the league so it can get some exposure for our boys.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

By the way, I don't know the credibility of the source, so take it for whatever it's worth.

And Joe Forte was great at North Carolina. Can't believe he landed in Iran.

Comment

OMFG that scrub is gonna own Iranian league

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
            According to this article, Smush Parker has signed with the Iranian team "Petro."

I have never heard of Petro, which team are they? Is it just a translation of Sanat Naft or something?

Oh and a big LOL at this story. Kobe's starting point guard during his prime now plays in Iran. Goes to show what kind of talent Kobe had around him during his prime of 2005-2007. Luke Walton, Kwame Brown and Smush Parker were the formidable teammates Kobe had to work with.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/world/a...eph_forte.html
            I think its Petroshimi bandare Emam rom what I remember from Iranian Basketball Premier League.

Comment

Loool imagine people in iran saying his name. Esmoosh

Comment

Working...
              X