• Show
Clear All

AFC friendly matches [RESULTS]

Japan - Iceland 3-1 (2-0)

Thailand - Maldives 3-0 (1-0)

U.A.E. - Palestine 3-0 (2-0)

Oman - India 5-1 (2-0)

China - Kuwait 2-0 (1-0)

Saudi Arabia - New Zealand U23 6-0 (3-0)!!!!

tomorrow (25th February)

Korea Rep. - Usbekistan
    Last edited by persianallstars; 02-24-2012, 08:41 AM.
    TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

I thought Saudi Arabia beat New Zealand U23 3-0, not 6-0?

EDIT: They played twice, Saudi won 3-0 and 6-0 vs New Zealand U23.
    In the 6-0 win, New Zealand got two red-cards and played with nine men.

Comment

Another results from today..

Azerbaijan - Singapore [2:2]

Indonesia - Indonesian Club [0:1]

Comment

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
        I thought Saudi Arabia beat New Zealand U23 3-0, not 6-0?

EDIT: They played twice, Saudi won 3-0 and 6-0 vs New Zealand U23.
        In the 6-0 win, New Zealand got two red-cards and played with nine men.
        I found that ..

Comment

Korea Rep. - Uzbekistan

4:2

Comment

Originally posted by AliKarimi8 View Post
            Korea Rep. - Uzbekistan

4:2
            I watched this match and apparently it was Uzbekistan's U23 team (for the most part). I don't know why but this Korean team seems to have regressed a lot since the Asian Cup and is more vulnerable now than I've ever seen. Between Iran and South Korea in pot 2, Iran definitely seems to be the more threatening side.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
              I watched this match and apparently it was Uzbekistan's U23 team (for the most part). I don't know why but this Korean team seems to have regressed a lot since the Asian Cup and is more vulnerable now than I've ever seen. Between Iran and South Korea in pot 2, Iran definitely seems to be the more threatening side.

Comment

Originally posted by AliKarimi8 View Post
                They playing with new Kits .. http://www.footballshirtculture.com/...tball-kit.html

Comment

As Iranian football fans, history has shown us never underestimate Korea and Saudi. They could be the worst teams on earth, but when they play against Iran they step it up several levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    As Iranian football fans, history has shown us never underestimate Korea and Saudi. They could be the worst teams on earth, but when they play against Iran they step it up several levels.
                    I don't deny this but S. Korea has really fallen into a downhill spiral since they lost to Japan in the Asian Cup. To begin with, Park Ji Sung and Lee Young-Pyo, two of S. Korea's legends and leaders on the field retired. Shortly after, they lost a friendly against Japan 3-0, a team which they have a winning record against. As if losing to their arch-rivals wasn't bad enough, this was followed up with their loss against Lebanon which sent their coach (Cho Kwang-Rae) packing.

What's worse is that their best player throughout the qualification rounds (Park Chu-Young) has been given very limited time at Arsenal and their new coach has stripped him of his position as team captain. On top of that, their new coach has hinted that he may go as far as to bench PCY given his lack of playing time over the past several months. Again, I wouldn't under-estimate this team but with a new coach, changing captains, and a World Cup campaign which is hanging by a thread, there's a lot of instability within the Korean ranks. All this being said, I still fully expect to be one of Asia's representatives at the 2014 World Cup.

PS - Despite playing with many new/younger players, it was interesting to see Uzbekistan employ a 3-5-2 line-up against South Korea.

Comment

Working...
                    X