Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italian Player in Serie B passes away during football match...very sad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Player in Serie B passes away during football match...very sad.

Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini has died after collapsing on the pitch in Saturday's Serie B match at Pescara, with the match abandoned after 31 minutes.

GettyImages
    Piermario Morosini collapsed on the pitch
    Morosini, 25, was rushed to hospital after medical staff attended to him on the pitch for a suspected heart attack, but died on arrival. The game was then called off with the other players leaving the field in tears.

"He suffered a cardiac arrest. Unfortunately he was already dead when the ambulance arrived. He never regained consciousness," announced Doctor De Blasi.

Italian media reports claimed that a police car had blocked the ambulance's way into the stadium.

"I don't know if the ambulance was late, but I know that the entrance onto the pitch was blocked by a vehicle,'' Iannascoli added. "Morosini collapsed, he tried to get back up but then collapsed again.''

The former Italy Under-21 international was on loan at Livorno from Serie A side Udinese.

As a result of the tragedy, all Serie A games have been called off this weekend.

The Lega Serie A said in a statement on their website: ''The football world mourns the tragedy that occurred this afternoon in Pescara, where during the game between the hosts and Livorno, the player Piermario Morosini slumped to the ground suffering from a heart attack. Transported to the hospital, the young midfielder was put into an induced coma, but died at around 1700.

''The FIGC has suspended, in memory of Piermario, all games scheduled over the weekend.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-match?cc=5901

Video is below, do not watch if you can't handle it.

sigpic

very very sad.. R.I.P

Comment

Rip
      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

R.I.P , I hope this wasn't a result of doping or anything... all the shit they take during training is horrible for your heart
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

RIP soo sad 2 c

Comment

The first time it happened they said it's cause a lot of Africans have cardiac birth defects due to Africa being as it is and I believed it. Still this shit has been happening more often since Foe died and I have a strong suspicion that these are due to doping which seems to be infesting every major sport and especially Football.

Comment

damn that sux.....ya why does this happen so often?? could it be anxiety or too hard of a training that makes your heart work even harder??

what happened to that EPL guy?

Comment

Rip..

Comment

Damn, may he RIP
                  sigpic

what the world would be if only the majority of people were this good

Comment

so sad... rip

Comment

RIP...

first Marc Vivien Foe, then Miklos Feher and now Piermario Morosini

Comment

Working...
                      X