2012 NBA play offs discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    As a neutral viewer, I have to say that the officiating was horrible tonight and most calls went OKC's way. For example, the foul that Durant drew by hitting Jackson arm from below midway through the 4th Q was ridiculous, and so were many of the offensive fouls that the Spurs were charged for.

With that being said, OKC has been the better team in these series and rightfully deserved going to the finals. I can't see how either the Celtics or the Heat will be able to stop this team. Celtics is just a lighter version of the Spurs and will have a hard time keeping up with OKC's pace.
    Well said. 100% agree.

Comment

As a neutral viewer, I have to say that the officiating was horrible tonight and most calls went OKC's way. For example, the foul that Durant drew by hitting Jackson arm from below midway through the 4th Q was ridiculous, and so were many of the offensive fouls that the Spurs were charged for.

With that being said, OKC has been the better team in these series and rightfully deserved going to the finals. I can't see how either the Celtics or the Heat will be able to stop this team. Celtics is just a lighter version of the Spurs and will have a hard time keeping up with OKC's pace.
      That was a foul man and the officiating went both ways, the two fouls they gifted to Jackson on his 3pt shot misses were both bogus. I honestly dont wanna ruin my joy at winning with arguing over stupid shit though.

Comment

Originally posted by MahdiG35 View Post
        OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC! OKC!

Comment

Comment

did anyone else see at the end when Lebrick was walking back and right about to go into the tunnel, 1st some random dood gets kind of into his face & i think he was screaming "BOOOO!!" or something and the bodyguard just gave the random guy the elbow LOL and then couple seconds later someone from the top level pours a drink on lebrick so messed up.. im starting feel bad for the guy lol

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
              That was a foul man and the officiating went both ways, the two fouls they gifted to Jackson on his 3pt shot misses were both bogus. I honestly dont wanna ruin my joy at winning with arguing over stupid shit though.
              I'm not saying the game was rigged or that OKC won just because of the refs. OKC was the better team during the series and fully deserved going to the finals. However I believe the refs did a poor job in the second half, maybe it was due to the great atmosphere created by the home fans. 85% of the voters at realgm even think the refs took over the game with calls going against the Spurs (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...?f=6&t=1185607).

But as I said, I'm not blaming this on OKC and they fully deserved it. And of course, this can't even be compared to the things that happened in game 6 between the Kings and the Lakers in 2002 or all the crap that the Suns had to take in the series against the Spurs in 2007.

Comment

I'm not saying the game was rigged or that OKC won just because of the refs. OKC was the better team during the series and fully deserved going to the finals. However I believe the refs did a poor job in the second half, maybe it was due to the great atmosphere created by the home fans. 85% of the voters at realgm even think the refs took over the game with calls going against the Spurs (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...?f=6&t=1185607).

But as I said, I'm not blaming this on OKC and they fully deserved it. And of course, this can't even be compared to the things that happened in game 6 between the Kings and the Lakers in 2002 or all the crap that the Suns had to take in the series against the Spurs in 2007.
                **** realgm that place sux, the Lebron dick riders run wild there and have managed to run out the real Heat fans too, nothing they say has any credibility. You are an idiot for even mentioning that forum and the Kings series, so what some calls went our way, we were the home team. Game 1 and 2 were more in favor of Spurs than this game. OKC beat the supposed unbeatable team, backdoor sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
                  **** realgm that place sux, the Lebron dick riders run wild there and have managed to run out the real Heat fans too, nothing they say has any credibility. You are an idiot for even mentioning that forum and the Kings series, so what some calls went our way, we were the home team. Game 1 and 2 were more in favor of Spurs than this game. OKC beat the supposed unbeatable team, backdoor sweep.
                  Maybe you should go back and read my post again.

I never said OKC went through because of the refs. I never said OKC was more favored in all the 6 games. I did say that the refs most likely fell for the pressure created by the home fans (though very common in sports, it should not be justified as a privilege).

The calls were clearly not lopsided in games 1 or 2 (or 3, 4, 5 for that matter) in the same degree as this one. And I clearly said I wasn't comparing the poor calls in this game with the ones in the Kings-Lakers series. Still you call me an idiot for bringing this up and a poll which shows what the public opinion thinks? What makes you think that the Lebron dick riders, as you call all those who voted in that poll, would rather want to see the Spurs in the final? Indeed, realgm is run by fools, but I can bring up another poll recently which shows the unpopularity of the Heat on that site just to show how biased you are. But what's the point, even when I give your team some cred you'll still answer back in a hostile way. Apparently anyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot. I'll rest my case...

Comment

Maybe you should go back and read my post again.

I never said OKC went through because of the refs. I never said OKC was more favored in all the 6 games. I did say that the refs most likely fell for the pressure created by the home fans (though very common in sports, it should not be justified as a privilege).

The calls were clearly not lopsided in games 1 or 2 (or 3, 4, 5 for that matter) in the same degree as this one. And I clearly said I wasn't comparing the poor calls in this game with the ones in the Kings-Lakers series. Still you call me an idiot for bringing this up and a poll which shows what the public opinion thinks? What makes you think that the Lebron dick riders, as you call all those who voted in that poll, would rather want to see the Spurs in the final? Indeed, realgm is run by fools, but I can bring up another poll recently which shows the unpopularity of the Heat on that site just to show how biased you are. But what's the point, even when I give your team some cred you'll still answer back in a hostile way. Apparently anyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot. I'll rest my case...
                    What case? You don't have a case, it's natural for a home team to get calls and you seem to be appalled by this like it's something out of the ordinary. As I said earlier, I don't wish to ruin my pleasure by arguing over stupid shit like why a home team gets calls.

Comment

Pretty intense game 7 so far, but I don't think we have the stamina to fight to the end.

Comment

everyone post your prediction for the finals...

Comment

As much as I don't want for Lebron to win his first ring but gotta give the guy respect for what he has done in the past 2 game. Ppl that were saying he's invisible in the 4th quarter well he showed them wrong I guess. I would have loved to see Celtics in the final but I guess seeing Lebron vs KD will be a better matchup and is what everyone wanted to see.

OKC for the win in 7
                          sigpic

Comment

OKC in 6.

Comment

Working...
                            X