Euro 2012 - News & Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
    u are realllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy over estimating portugal...
    Am I ?? How ?

I'm predicting group B something like this......

Holland 3-0 Denmark
    Germany 3-2 Portugal
    Germany 2-1 Holland
    Portugal 2-2 Denmark
    Portugal 2-1 Holland
    Germany 3-0 Denmark

Which would leave the group like this:

Germany 9
    Portugal 4
    Holland 3
    Denmark 1

You don't think Portugal can beat Holland ? To me Holland's defence is soorakh, Ronaldo and Nani will tear their defence apart whereas Portugal's defence is world class. If anything I'm underestimating them by picking Denmark to draw with them although Denmark beat them in their last match but Portugal will be much stronger at the Euro's. Also here's a little stat for you ... Portugal and Holland have met 10 times, Portugal have won 6, Holland have won 1 ......

Is predicting Portugal beating Russia too much to ask for ?! We beat Russia FFS....

If anything I am overestimating them against Spain.... or am I ??.......

Comment

portugals creativity and offense is very weak in my opinion and their midfield cant dominate, so most probably they will have to play a counter attacking game.

ronaldo with all those stars around him in madrid can hardly do much against big teams, now with the inferior portugueese team mates, i think he will flop once again.

and then more over, portugal to reach the finals??? next to impossible...
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
        portugals creativity and offense is very weak in my opinion and their midfield cant dominate, so most probably they will have to play a counter attacking game.

ronaldo with all those stars around him in madrid can hardly do much against big teams, now with the inferior portugueese team mates, i think he will flop once again.

and then more over, portugal to reach the finals??? next to impossible...
        They are creative enough not every team has Xavi and Iniesta, also their counter attack is lethal with Ronaldo and Nani...
        Ronaldo hardly does much against big teams ?! Are you kidding me, he scored against EVERY team in La Liga this season, he scored the winning goal against Barcelona which practically won them the league and he scored Madrid's 2 goals against Bayern in the CL semi's. He used to be a flop against big teams but now he scores against everyone.

Comment

^^ The problem with Portugal will be precisely Ronaldo ... his snout-nose, self-centered, prima donna attitude ... if he can keep that in check within him, and come to play as a team, then I like 'em very much to get far in this tourney.

Statistically speaking, I think they're way overdue for a big continental performance, with all their star players
          Let wisdom reign
          Asho Zartosht

You must be the change you wish to see in the world
          Mahatma Gandhi

Learn from yesterday, live in the present, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to never stop questioning
          Albert Einstein

A wise man makes his own decisions ... an ignorant just follows others
          Dallai lama

Comment

faghat alman ... philip lahm, 1 of the smartest, calmest, most composed captains in the recent history of europe
            Let wisdom reign
            Asho Zartosht

Mahatma Gandhi

Learn from yesterday, live in the present, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to never stop questioning
            Albert Einstein

Dallai lama

Comment

every time Italy is embroidered in a domestic betting scandal, they win the tournament (82, 2006)
              sigpic

Comment

i like this italy team and coach...solid line up.....but their toughest opponent believe it or not will be IRELAND with their former coach trappatoni who has done an amazing job with this irish team

------------- buffon ---------------

maggio--chiellini--barzagli---balzaretti

-------- pirlo ---- de rossi ---------

---- nocerino ------ marchisio ------

-------- balotelli ---- cassano ------

subs; giovinco for cassano, di natale for balo, montolivo for either midfielder

Germany def. has one of the best squads.....im not seeing any of france, england, portugal to go far

Comment

Some general news, doubt most people would care. Gareth barry has been injured and wil replaced by Phil Jagielka, news which pleases most England fans. Also, Criscito has been dropped from Italy (not sure if hes an important player tbh) due to:

The Italian soccer federation later said Juventus coach Antonio Conte is under investigation for alleged wrongdoing while in charge of Siena in 2010-2011, and announced the withdrawal of defender Domenico Criscito from the Euro 2012 squad a day before the player lists have to be submitted to UEFA.

"He would have experienced a pressure that no human being can deal with," Italy coach Cesare Prandelli said of Criscito playing at the June 8 to July 1 tournament. "He wouldn't have been in the right frame of mind. And he could also have been called up by the prosecutors at any time, before a match.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1wFmS9A6O

Also on the ddebate of portugal, I would say with either van bommel or de jong or both, holland should have some defensive stability to counter nani and ronaldo. Not to mention RVP sneijder and robben up ffront which is imo more a threat than ronaldo and nani.

Comment

or maybe

TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

^^persianallastar jan, i thank you for the above useful post ... but i have to counter with my german answers ... enjoy!

Last edited by Ario Barzan; 05-29-2012, 09:32 AM.
                      Let wisdom reign
                      Asho Zartosht

Mahatma Gandhi

Albert Einstein

Dallai lama

Comment

aaaah, quite impressive
                        TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

joooooon i would go to holland game just for the dutch girls

Comment

$5 on this multi.
                            Denmark to beat overrated CR and his team

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

^what will probably happen is that all but one of them will be right.

Comment

more friendlies l8r today, with the yummy ones being :

holland vs. slovakia @ 11:30am PST
                                spain vs. soth korea @ 11am PST ------> i'm so jealous the darn koreans can line up against spain and look what we get

also of note but nothing 2 do with europe :

brazil vs. usa @ 5pm PST ------> i'll be glued 2 the tv 4 this 1 ... should be a real good test 2 c if this usa team under klinsmann really can measure up against the elite of the world
                                Let wisdom reign
                                Asho Zartosht

Mahatma Gandhi

Albert Einstein

Dallai lama

Comment

Working...
                                X