New Caledonia or Tahiti will be at the 2013 Confederations Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Caledonia or Tahiti will be at the 2013 Confederations Cup

I guess CONCACAF is guaranteed a 4th team in the 2014 World Cup given that their playoff is with Oceania.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/caledon...5091--sow.html

New Caledonia, ranked just 155th in the world, defeated defending champion New Zealand 2-0 Friday to reach the final of the Oceania Nations Cup.

Bertrand Kai scored in the 60th minute and Georges Gope-Fenepej in the second minute of stoppage time to beat the 100th-ranked All Whites, who had won two of the previous three titles.

New Caledonia will meet Tahiti, which is tied for 179th in the rankings, in Sunday's final. Tahiti advanced with a 1-0 win over the Solomon Islands on a 15th-minute goal by Jonathan Tehau.

The tournament winner will represent Oceania in next year's FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil. Australia or New Zealand has represented Oceania in each tournament since the Confederations Cup began in 1997.

The four semifinalists all advanced to the final round of Oceania World Cup qualifying, which starts in September.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Working...
X