• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrea Pirlos penalty

a spoon for joe hart
    iniesta + xavi = Pirlo
    ozil + schweinstiger + ballack = pirlo
    pirlo the greatest midfielder in the last 10 years

LIKE A BOSS PS rooney would never score a goal in serie A and half those players on england team could play in serie B and thats about it
    Joe Hart should take up dance class
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Dont get too emotional
    Pirlo is World Class but pleeeeaaaaaseee best midfielder in the last 10 years??? Have you ever seen a game from Zidane???
    But his penalty was great. This guy Hart was acting like a clown and pirlo humiliated him
    We will talk after the German Italy game, when the German Tank rolls over Italy

Comment

Im glad everyone is picking Germany to win the semis. Its really theirs to lose

Comment

I came here to praise Pirlo's momentum shifting penalty but OP ruined it with his retarded post.

Comment

Paneka poetry......

IN 1976 European championship, With the score 4–3, Panenka stepped up to take the fifth Czechoslovakian penalty, to win the match under immense pressure. German goalkeeper Sepp Maier dived to his left, while Panenka chipped the ball straight in the middle of the net.The sheer cheek of the goal led a watching French journalist to dub Panenka "a poet", and to this day his winning kick is one of the most famous ever, making Panenka's name synonymous with that particular style of penalty kick.

Antonin Panenka himself says that he came up with the idea on the training ground of the Prague club Bohemians, where he plied his trade for many years:
          "Nobody had ever taken a penalty like that before. I came up with the idea because I used to practice penalties after training at Bohemians with our goalkeeper Zdeněk Hruška. To make it interesting, we used to wager a beer or a bar of chocolate on each penalty. Unfortunately, because he was such a good keeper, I ended up losing money as he kept saving more shots than I could score. As a result I ended up lying awake at night thinking about how I could get the upper hand. I eventually realised that the goalkeeper always waits until just before the last moment to try and anticipate where the ball is going and dives just before it's kicked so he can reach the shot in time. I decided that it was probably easier to score by feinting to shoot and then just gently tapping the ball into the middle of the goal. In this way the keeper had always dived by the time the ball was kicked and had no chance of recovering in time to save the shot. I tried it out on the training ground and it worked like a charm. The only problem was that I started getting a lot fatter because I won back all those beers and chocolates."

<br>

Even to this day, many football commentators are amazed at how Panenka managed to hold his nerve to take a shot like that, especially as he would have looked extremely silly had the keeper not dived. The player himself says he never had any doubt that he would score.
          "About two years before the European Championships I began trying it....

Comment

Joe Hart has all summer to master his next clowning act..

Comment

i remember someone doing that penalty chip once and it didnt work....wasn't it a team melli player??

was it the china penalties in asian cup?? i remember vaguely somethin about the keeper slipped but the chip was so slow and bad that he saved it still

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                  i remember someone doing that penalty chip once and it didnt work....wasn't it a team melli player??

was it the china penalties in asian cup?? i remember vaguely somethin about the keeper slipped but the chip was so slow and bad that he saved it still
                  it was golmohamadi, i will never forget that moment :s
                  Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                  http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                  [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                  Villa + Messi =

Comment

zidane and pirlo were not the same positions. pirlo is a creative.defensive midfielder who plays 90 mins with his brains not with his legs
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

^ Every child knows that Zidane and Pirlo were not the same position but you said he is the best midfielder. Maybe Pirlo is the best defensive midfielder in the last 10 years better than Makelele, Essien, Cambiasso etc.
                      But Xavi + Iniesta = Pirlo loool

Comment

pirlo is definatly better then xavi.. Iniesta maybe they are equal but there is no way you can say iniesta is much better then him
                        also i just said it to hype up his shot a lil bit lol
                        but pirlo iniesta xavi on the same team would be deadly i could score with those guys setting me up
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

No one will know if those guys are as good as Pirlo until they reach his age and perform at the same level.
                          راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugsnotbombs View Post
                            No one will know if those guys are as good as Pirlo until they reach his age and perform at the same level.
                            My friend Pirlo is 33 and Xavi is 32. Ok Pirlo played great this season and even better in the Euro but the last two season wasnt so good and this was the reason Milan let him go and Iniesta and Xavi are playin great since I dont know if they ever played mediocre. I cant say one of them is better than the other. All Three are world class and won a lot of titles, Iniesta and Xavi more than Pirlo

Comment

Pirlo: Seria A games: 321 Goals:35 Assists:39
                              Xavi: Primera Division:372 Goals:47 Assists:93!!
                              Iniesta: Primera Division:272 Goals:27 Assist:52

Comment

Working...
                              X