Match thread: EURO 2012 Final : Italy vs. Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
    Humiliated although with 10 men what do you expect.
    Italy did amazing considering their place and situation kudos to them.
    They are 12th place way behind germany portugal and netherlands, yet they put up a great display all throught the tournament.
    I think buffon choked today.
    the first and second goals were saveable, and cassillas stopped all the goals.
    You should thank spain not giving 100% after Motta get injured or it would be a double digit game. But its still the highest win in a european final. A very questionable sub to bring a defensive player for an offensive, Motta for Montolivo

Comment

Originally posted by Asghar Agha View Post
      ^
      Sorry. Spain just scored one more.

Spain 4 - 0 Italy

Sad to see some grass rollers reaching the final while not deserving it.

Italy deserved their final, spianiards MF were very lucky with the 2 injuried players.

Comment

Italy did great but when your competeing against Spain and down 10 men what do you expect?? Beatiful passing and teamwork by Spain for sure they deserved to be the winners. Italians should get a pat on the back for coming so far today was just not their day to win. Viva Spain
        sigpic

Comment

Asghar agha I think it's hilarious that you call italy grassrollers. Italy become a clean team when compared to spain.
          spain's entire squad minues torres and alonso are the biggest grassrollers to walk the earth.
          They make Qatari's look like amateurs
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Spain definitely had a PK not given for that handball... It could have been 5-0. It's a pity Germany didn't get to play with Spain in the final. It would have been an exciting match.
            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
              Asghar agha I think it's hilarious that you call italy grassrollers. Italy become a clean team when compared to spain.
              spain's entire squad minues torres and alonso are the biggest grassrollers to walk the earth.
              They make Qatari's look like amateurs

Comment

Imo it's wrong to call Italy grass rollers they deserve more respect than that
                sigpic

Comment

Spain are the real grass rollers, just look at Barcelona. They and the Arabs are competing for the grass rolling world title

Comment

When Motta got injured , it finally became 11 vs 11. Spain's 11 vs Italy's 10+ the ref! So don't come up with that lame excuse Italy fans, you were never in it. Not even before the injury! Your plan only worked so far in this tournament as long as your 3 midfield butchers, De Rossi, Montolivo and Machissio could physically brutalize the opponent midfield, while Pirlo could freely make play behind the slaughtering, but when today Spain took their game speed up a notch, those 3 apart from 15 minutes in the first half were only chasing shadows while Spain had effectively shut down Pirlo!
                    HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
                    you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

I havent seen grass rolling in this game not from spain and Italy.

Comment

Italy was a team that did not deserve to be a finalist! I wish Germany would've made it to the final, they'd challenge Spain for sure.

Comment

How do you know when you're playing Italy?
                          When the players from the team you're playing against drop like flies and start screaming like a girl as soon as you walk by them!
                          HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
                          you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                            Italy was a team that did not deserve to be a finalist! I wish Germany would've made it to the final, they'd challenge Spain for sure.
                            I would not say that they dont deserve to reach the final but for me it was clear that spain will win this game. I think the germans would do much better against spain and that was the final the most people wanted to see.The germans prepared 2 years for the game against spain. Big respect to Italy for playing a great tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                              joke of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                joke of the year.
                                For me the joke was that a team that made it to the final got beaten 4-0, same result Spain got when they played against Ireland.

Comment

Working...
                                X