Match thread: EURO 2012 Final : Italy vs. Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
    Italy tied spain 1-1 earlier. Calm down son. It was clear that the ref and the odds were against italy. They have a half injured squad. And a cassano with a heart murmur.
    P.S italy has 4 world cups. Spain has 1.

I thought the first half was actually pretty even.
    Casillas just saved spains a$$ and Buffon chocked, it's quite simple.
    After becoming 10 men it makes a big difference and added 2 goals.
    This game in reality would have stayed at 2-0 or even 2-1.
    You put any team in the WORLD 10 Man against spain and see what happens.
    Casillas Spain's hero!! no one can score against him
    sigpic

Comment

Italy tied spain 1-1 earlier. Calm down son. It was clear that the ref and the odds were against italy. They have a half injured squad. And a cassano with a heart murmur.
      P.S italy has 4 world cups. Spain has 1.

I thought the first half was actually pretty even.
      Casillas just saved spains a$$ and Buffon choked, it's quite simple.
      After becoming 10 men it makes a big difference and added 2 goals.
      This game in reality would have stayed at 2-0 or even 2-1.
      You put any team in the WORLD 10 Man against spain and see what happens.
      You make a good point, Italy didn't perform at their best but they did ok for a while but choked sometimes and it isn't easy playing with 10 men against Spain, however people do not care so much about Italy being 1 man down because it was the final and 4-0 is embarrasing but we couldn't expect much more than that.
      Originally posted by dokhtar92irooni View Post
      I still believe that Spain would have beat Germany though
      That mystery will remain unsolved
      However Spain probably would've had the odds on their side and they would most likely win, but i'd cheer for Germany

Comment

Italy tied spain 1-1 earlier. Calm down son. It was clear that the ref and the odds were against italy
        Which match did you watch? I can buy the odds part but the ref was definitely not against them, if anything he was favoring Italy 90% of the time!
        HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
        you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

^exactly in one part of the match the italian defender was trying to clear the ball from the forward in the penalty area and he used his hand but the ref didn't call a penalty
          sigpic

Comment

That one call doesn't overturn the fact that spain's defenders elbowed and knocked balotelli over 30+ times without there being ONE yellow.
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

The details people will forget in a few months; the scoreline most will remember for decades. For those of you fellow Iranians starkly supporting Italy, let me tell you they would have become super arrogant had they won this Euro Cup as I lived through a similar episode back in 2006. Many Italians have notions of superiority to other people (albeit most of the time quietly), and I speak from experience having lived among them in the USA for several years. The Spanish on the other hand are a lot more human and on the ground.
              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                The details people will forget in a few months; the scoreline most will remember for decades. For those of you fellow Iranians starkly supporting Italy, let me tell you they would have become super arrogant had they won this Euro Cup as I lived through a similar episode back in 2006. Many Italians have notions of superiority to other people (albeit most of the time quietly), and I speak from experience having lived among them in the USA for several years. The Spanish on the other hand are a lot more human and on the ground.
                Your life experiences do not dictate an entire countries attitude. Leave your discrimination in your head.
                And Iranians have no superiority complex? LOL iranians are 10x worse than ANY european country.
                we discriminate against our own people let alone foreigners.
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                  Some people on Twitter are claiming that Spain's third and forth goal were classless and they shouldn't have scored more.

What do you guys think?

I personally don't agree. This is a competitive sport after all. The point is to score goals and beat the opposition by as much as possible. What was Spain supposed to do? Keep the ball in their own half the rest of the game?
                  One goal by Italy could have change the game significantly, two goal lead could be dangerous, as we have seen many times. This was not a friendly game and Spain was trying to make history.

Comment

Today's papers headlines will read "Italy Signs The Armistice!!!"
                    Oops sorry that was back in '43.
                    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Your life experiences do not dictate an entire countries attitude. Leave your discrimination in your head.
                      And Iranians have no superiority complex? LOL iranians are 10x worse than ANY european country.
                      we discriminate against our own people let alone foreigners.
                      Iranians have a superiority complex against arabs. Please more than half of PFDC are racists against arabs. Just look at every time we play an arab nation, people come with the comments WE WILL SHOW THOSE ARABS WHO US PERSIANS ARE WE GOT 2500 years of history they only got mohammed

Comment

hah All the critics of Spain can now SHUT THE FK UP about Spain playing boring.
                        they just put on the best performance in a final I've seen (apart from Barcelona vs Man U).

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                          hah All the critics of Spain can now SHUT THE FK UP about Spain playing boring.
                          they just put on the best performance in a final I've seen (apart from Barcelona vs Man U).
                          One team playing good dosnt make it a good and entertaining final. IT makes it a one sided maybe even the most boring Euro Final in history.

Comment

That one call doesn't overturn the fact that spain's defenders elbowed and knocked balotelli over 30+ times without there being ONE yellow.
                            The ref did call any fouls for Italy that Spain committed on Italian players.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              I hate Italy since 2006 too. But this year they played well. All the matches Italy played were pleasant. On the contrary, Spain matches (against France or Portugal) were so boring.
                              It is not because I hate Italy that I can't be objective.
                              It's not a question of objectivity that I was talking but the fact that I enjoy each time the grass rollers are humiliated.

Anyway if the objectivity is to say Spain didn't deserve, then I do not see how can you be objective as you describe yourself.
                              Overall, Spain team won the final, conceded only one goal in the tournament, and humiliated the grass rollers 4-0; a score which could be 6-0 if the referee could do his work normally.
                              Furthermore, the country won the WC and Euro 2008.
                              Last edited by Asghar Agha; 07-02-2012, 09:12 AM.

Comment

im not gonna say anything cuz many of you are such CLASSLESS fans of this game. If it was a fair match then i'd take my hats of to Spain but that was pretty classless to run up the score line on a team that had 2 injuries...one of which forced them to play 10 men most of the match. If italy had a chance to make a come back and they failed then i'd say ok they were dominated but this game was pretty much over when motta went out.

you do 10 of these rematches and i guarantee u spain cant beat italy no where near close to that stupid score line.

Comment

Working...
                                X