2012 Men's Olympic Football Tournament Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
    WTF is UAE doing there and Iran not? Thanks to the f*cking retarded staff of the U23 team sending in a player who wasn't allowed to actually play -.-
    The Islamic Republic expertly F-ed over both the Men's and Women's Olympic Football teams.

Comment

By the way, very impressive result by Japan versus Spain.

Comment

TM U-23 should be there! I'm still in disbelief that Iran didn't make it to the Olympic tournament. Such a shame!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
          TM U-23 should be there! I'm still in disbelief that Iran didn't make it to the Olympic tournament. Such a shame!
          Indeed. We could have shined there, with the likes of the talents Ehsan Hajsafi, Karim Ansarifard and Arash Afshin. Too bad we lost to Iraq 2-0 at home which eliminated us.

Comment

it just pains me so much 2 c ficking UAE in the olympics and we're not, thanks 2 those jackass imbeciles @ IFF/IR and their freakin lack of proper management

i mean FFS, at the rate things r negatively happening 4 our football ... in a few yrs. time, soosmar-khors like qatar, bahrain, and UAE will be up there with JP, SK ... and we'll be left playing with our tokhms!!!
            Let wisdom reign
            Asho Zartosht

You must be the change you wish to see in the world
            Mahatma Gandhi

Learn from yesterday, live in the present, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to never stop questioning
            Albert Einstein

A wise man makes his own decisions ... an ignorant just follows others
            Dallai lama

Comment

arabs fearing other teams will saudi their games.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...eam-gb?cc=5901

Great Britain's Group A opponents the United Arab Emirates fear the referee will favour the Olympic hosts when the two teams meet at Wembley on Sunday.

Stuart Pearce's Team GB are favourites to bounce back from their opening 1-1 draw against Senegal with a win, but the UAE stunned Uruguay by taking the lead on Thursday before falling to a narrow 2-1 defeat.

The underdogs are full of confidence heading into the match, but fear the officials could bow to pressure from the home fans in the 90,000 seater stadium and undermine any chance of an upset.

"We are not afraid of the British team, but the one thing we are maybe afraid of is that the referee is going with the host team," UAE assistant manager Hassan Alabdooli said.

"We will pray that the referee is neutral. The referee in the Uruguay game maybe cared too much for Luis Suarez and he didn't have any mind for our players because he thought maybe we were weak.

"Tomorrow we hope the referee will not be saudied by the crowd and everything around him."

Although the GB team is full of household names like Ryan Giggs and will be playing on home turf, Alabdooli insists his men will not be fazed by the task in front of them.

"We are not tourists here," he said. "When we play against any team we don't focus on the names or players

"It's 11 v 11. We saw the British team play against Senegal. We saw some strong points and some weak points."
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                "Tomorrow we hope the referee will not be saudied by the crowd and everything around him."
                LOL. Classic.

Hopefully Team GB will thrash UAE by so many goals, that the arabs will need to consult a proctologist to rectify the damage (and remove the forcibly inserted goals).

Comment

^actually, i hope the brits do in fact saudi the referees and win ... so that the pa-berhnes can taste some of their own medicine 4 a change.

oh ... and if the game does somehow miraculously stay a tie 4 long, look 4 the heinous usual grass-rolling by the soosmar-khors
                  Let wisdom reign
                  Asho Zartosht

Mahatma Gandhi

Learn from yesterday, live in the present, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to never stop questioning
                  Albert Einstein

Dallai lama

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                    By the way, very impressive result by Japan versus Spain.
                    I watched all the heightlights and honestly, spain was lucky thy didnt loose by more..they were uder pressure the whole game and japan missed some very very good chances

Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
                    Originally posted by Ario Barzan View Post
                    it just pains me so much 2 c ficking UAE in the olympics and we're not, thanks 2 those jackass imbeciles @ IFF/IR and their freakin lack of proper management

i mean FFS, at the rate things r negatively happening 4 our football ... in a few yrs. time, soosmar-khors like qatar, bahrain, and UAE will be up there with JP, SK ... and we'll be left playing with our tokhms!!!

seriously its so heartbreaking to see uae and all these asian teams there but not iran..as usual we get screwed..nothing new though..the west and its puppet ir government really do not like iranians..i think its because of historic differences..and that fact that our culture is far more superior thn theirs..what ever it is tho..the west hates the east...

Comment

Hope GB crushes them.
                      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Brazil 3 - 1 Belarus FT neymar dominated with a beautiful free kick and 2 great assists

Comment

You can see the results & standings on http://www.soccerway.com/internation...n/group-stage/

Japan and South Korea both won their matches today.
                          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Neymar was a god today. Seriously he reminded me of the young ronaldinho. but also at the same time a mix with fat ronaldo.

Oh yeah South Korea won! WOHO YEAH ASIA! GOOOO ASIAAA!!! They dominated switzerland big time!

Comment

how about senegal 2-0 over uruguay!? ... interesting results so far.

goes 2 show the big/traditional football elite of the world, can't take anything 4 granted and just rest on their laurels, thinking they'll prevail w/o 110% effort.

mexico is looking strong too ... 2-0 over gabon
                              Let wisdom reign
                              Asho Zartosht

Mahatma Gandhi

Albert Einstein

Dallai lama

Comment

I must say, Emirates has impressed me alot. I have seen both there matches, and they play fast and keeps the ball very well. I must admit that there U-23 team plays much much better football than our Team Melli unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                                X