2012 Men's Olympic Football Tournament Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
    did you watch any of the games? they gave UAE,Senegal and Uruguay a good game, they passed the ball beautifully.
    And yet still got their butts kicked and embarrassed Asia.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      And yet still got their butts kicked and embarrassed Asia.
      we lost 5-1 to Iraq. Much worse.
      Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by DRCha View Post
        Victory!
        ^ Great job!! Now we won't feel as bad anytime Iran goes down to Korea, lol.

At least you are a proven world class team.
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

it would be really good if sk or japan could win this whole thing..or mexico.... screw every other team tho..im not a fan of brazil football..i dnt think thyre the best in the world..

Comment

did you watch any of the games? they gave UAE,Senegal and Uruguay a good game, they passed the ball beautifully.
            I did watch the games. UAE were dominated, bringing shame upon themselves and the Asian confederation.

Originally posted by Super Shojaei
            we lost 5-1 to Iraq. Much worse.
            We lost against Iraq, due to IFF's incompetence in fielding an illegible player, one of the legs being awarded to Iraq 3-0.

Comment

Quarter-Final Results

Great Britain 1 - 2 South Korea (S.Korea win 5-4 on penalties)

Brazil 3 - 2 Honduras

Mexico 4 - 2 Senegal

Japan 3 -0 Egypt

Semi-Finals, 7th August

South Korea Vs Brazil

Japan Vs Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
                I did watch the games. UAE were dominated, bringing shame upon themselves and the Asian confederation.

We lost against Iraq, due to IFF's incompetence in fielding an illegible player, one of the legs being awarded to Iraq 3-0.
                LOL shame on the confederation? Against great britain they passed the ball beautifully and retained posesion well. Against Uruguay they were very very unlucky to lose. I just don't believe you watched the games, in what way were UAE dominated? "shame upon the asian confederation" come on man, they didn't. Its just sour grapes that they are there instead of us. IFF's incompetence? we got thrashed at home by a bigger margin than UAE did against Uruguay and Great Britain regardless. I don't think you're posting seriously man, it seems like you're against them purely because they are "arab"
                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                  ^ Great job!! Now we won't feel as bad anytime Iran goes down to Korea, lol.

At least you are a proven world class team.
                  Thanks Paradigm!
                  I hope Iran qualifies with Korea for the next Olympics!
                  Korea vs. Germany Video

Comment

The Koreans and Japanese people should be very proud of what they're achieveing in football

Comment

LOL shame on the confederation? Against great britain they passed the ball beautifully and retained posesion well. Against Uruguay they were very very unlucky to lose. I just don't believe you watched the games, in what way were UAE dominated? "shame upon the asian confederation" come on man, they didn't. Its just sour grapes that they are there instead of us. IFF's incompetence? we got thrashed at home by a bigger margin than UAE did against Uruguay and Great Britain regardless. I don't think you're posting seriously man, it seems like you're against them purely because they are "arab"
                      The were comprehensively beaten 3-1 by Great Britain, no matter how "beautifully" you believe they passed the ball.

They conceded the most goals out of all the teams (six conceded, only 2 shy of their big brothers, the 8-0ers) and are statistically the worst team in the tournament, ranked 16th out of 16 teams. They go back home to the Persian Gulf with their tail between their legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
                        The were comprehensively beaten 3-1 by Great Britain, no matter how "beautifully" you believe they passed the ball.

They conceded the most goals out of all the teams (six conceded, only 2 shy of their big brothers, the 8-0ers) and are statistically the worst team in the tournament, ranked 16th out of 16 teams. They go back home to the Persian Gulf with their tail between their legs.
                        I think what Super Shojaei jan is trying to say is that even tho uae lack passion and drive..they played very crisply..like a world class team does..its not always about scoring goals or winning..its also about how you play the game..and they played very calm and collected..they lack the drive that other teams like iran and sk have..but honestly i think we all would be impressed if our team ever played that cool..even if they sucked

Comment

Japan vs Mexico should be very interesting.

Comment

2 asian teams in the last 4 wow

iran used to be even with these 2 teams, they've surpassed us by miles.....much respect to both nations

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                              2 asian teams in the last 4 wow

iran used to be even with these 2 teams, they've surpassed us by miles.....much respect to both nations
                              Yeah same here.

Comment

Unfortunately for Asia the accomplishments of Japan and South Korea has been undone by the humiliating performance of UAE. With a team that pathetic I wonder how many refs and teams they had to saudi in order to qualify.
                                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X