2012 Men's Olympic Football Tournament Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Unfortunately for Asia the accomplishments of Japan and South Korea has been undone by the humiliating performance of UAE. With a team that pathetic I wonder how many refs and teams they had to saudi in order to qualify.
    what about the humiliation of Iran when it broke the rules in qualifying?
    Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
      what about the humiliation of Iran when it broke the rules in qualifying?
      That was entirely the regime's fault and not the players' fault.

UAE have nobody to blame but themselves for their rotten, third-rate showing.

Comment

I didn't see Japan because their game was too early for me, but South Korea played such a high pressing, quick tempo game and it was very admirable. Their passing, teamwork, and cohesion was really something else.

I have not seen TM display anything even close to this, we play so slow and our passing game is so weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
          That was entirely the regime's fault and not the players' fault.

UAE have nobody to blame but themselves for their rotten, third-rate showing.
          LOL this is just pure racist bitterness surely the players must have known themselves?
          Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
            LOL this is just pure racist bitterness surely the players must have known themselves?
            No. IFF is responsible for submitting eligible players and taking care of paperwork.

UAE are the 'bitter racists' for cancelling friendlies with Iran and claiming Iranian territory.

Comment

regarding UAE, I would only say that the first half vs Uruguay they were very impressive, the rest of the games they looked quite shabby at the back, and couldn't retain much possession. For me, the only two asian teams that stood out are South Korea and Japan.. very impressive.

Korea outplayed GB, and they deserved to win, even though it was on penalties.
              I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                Korea outplayed GB, and they deserved to win, even though it was on penalties.
                Korea definitely deserved to win. It makes me wonder though, had Ryan Giggs been on from the start - I believe he would have converted the second penalty (the one that Ramsey screwed).

Comment

these games at the end of the day are highly political..and the teams that are there and have competed are ment to be there...we're not allowed so were not there...pls dont say iff didnt do this and didnt do that..we got screwed by politics like we always do..if we were to get into a tournament like this...it would be very very advantageous for tm because there isnt much pressure to win..but there is a lot of exposer and media and we would probably perform well and gain a lot of confidence and learn a lot from it..

Comment

Originally posted by iraniboy View Post
                    ...pls dont say iff didnt do this and didnt do that..we got screwed by politics like we always do...
                    Are you for real?

- The rules of Olympic football are clearly laid out

- The Iranian Football Federation, through their sheer incompetence, stupidity and ineptitude broke those rules

- Iran was duly punished with an automatic 3-0 forfeiture

How are you going to maast-mali your way out of that one?

Comment

Are you for real?

- The rules of Olympic football are clearly laid out

- The Iranian Football Federation, through their sheer incompetence, stupidity and ineptitude broke those rules

- Iran was duly punished with an automatic 3-0 forfeiture

How are you going to maast-mali your way out of that one?

bro everytime theres a story..give me a break..the simple fact these goons are allowed to run our football federation is political enough ok..so i dont care what they do right or wrong...noone can be that ignorant by accident

Comment

Originally posted by iraniboy View Post
                        bro everytime theres a story..give me a break..
                        There is no "story" here. It is all fact. You field an over-age, ineligible player, your team will be punished. Very simple.

Originally posted by iraniboy
                        the simple fact these goons are allowed to run our football federation is political enough ok..
                        I don't think you understand the meaning of the word 'politics'. You are using it in all different kinds of contexts in your subsequent posts.

so i dont care what they do right or wrong...
                        Really? Damn. I care about what IFF does being wrong. You know, when somebody comes into a football forum and starts trying to make excuses for a body as incompetent as IFF that person begins to sound like an apologist.

noone can be that ignorant by accident
                        Yes!! They can! and there are plenty of other examples over the years where Iran's national and domestic teams have been screwed over by IFF failing to adhere to rules. We even lost a potential Asian Cup hosting bid because of IFF's ineptitude.

Comment

There is no "story" here. It is all fact. You field an over-age, ineligible player, your team will be punished. Very simple.
                          ok i understand that but why allow this mind set in our football or in our country? why no growth or no attempts to learn and modernize? are we cave men by nature?

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word 'politics'. You are using it in all different kinds of contexts in your subsequent posts.
                          I think i very much understand the word politics and i use it in every context because it relates to pretty much everything..
                          Really? Damn. I care about what IFF does being wrong. You know, when somebody comes into a football forum and starts trying to make excuses for a body as incompetent as IFF that person begins to sound like an apologist.

Yes!! They can! and there are plenty of other examples over the years where Iran's national and domestic teams have been screwed over by IFF failing to adhere to rules. We even lost a potential Asian Cup hosting bid because of IFF's ineptitude.
                          ok man even if they dont make these mistakes on purpose witch i believe you whn u say that but..you are missing my point here..if you dont understand the culture in iran..ill explain it to you...the culture in iran is that basically everyone is in a child like mentality and the supreme leader decides what to do for them like a big father figure..like a dad..thats why iran is a s***hole and noone knows jack s*** about anything...so at the core of everything..irans prob comes down to politics and this regime and this culture that it has set in place for our ppl..

Comment

Korea definitely deserved to win. It makes me wonder though, had Ryan Giggs been on from the start - I believe he would have converted the second penalty (the one that Ramsey screwed).
                            The only GB player's that really played well in this tournament was Butland,Cleverley and to some extent Sturridge (even though he missed the most crucial penalty, he was still a livewire in attack)
                            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                              The only GB player's that really played well in this tournament was Butland,Cleverley and to some extent Sturridge (even though he missed the most crucial penalty, he was still a livewire in attack)
                              I don't know about Butland. He was unimpressive, had quite a few shaky moments. Personally, I would blame him for Korea's first goal, an experienced keeper would definitely have read the situation.

Comment

Damn the US-Canada semifinal is one of the most exciting matches I've ever seen. Three times the US came from behind to tie it up. Sinclair had a hatrick for Canada. Now in overtime after 3-3 in regulation.
                                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X