No announcement yet.

Iran @ The 2012 Summer Olympics: Day 9 [August 5] - Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yessssssssssssssss gold for iran!!! afarin Sourian jan.. made us all soo proud!!

Comment

they have a vizhe barnameh on irib3 right now but glwiz is lagging like crazy

any other links?

Comment

Thank god this time sourian pre-empted the regime forces and before actually winning the gold he announced he is dedicating his gold to his coach, Md. Bana

in case you all dont know, the last time he won the gold (asian games), he was forced to dedicate it to rahbar!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
          Thank god this time sourian pre-empted the regime forces and before actually winning the gold he announced he is dedicating his gold to his coach, Md. Bana

in case you all dont know, the last time he won the gold (asian games), he was forced to dedicate it to rahbar!!!!
          Who said he was forced? He did not have to do it so dont make any excuses for him. He actually gifted it to Ahmadinejad and later met with him and embraced him. Again he did not have to do it. What were they going to do if he did not gift it to Ahmadinejad? He is a world champ already.

The whole video is on youtube. Hope his head is in a better place now!

Comment

For the ones who missed it, here is Sourian's final match winning gold:

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=2308
            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Thanks amin!

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
                I tried to find out more about our 105kg weightlifter Navab Nasirhelal and found nothing. He is unknown. lol
                But he is competing in the A group so he has to be good.
                Look at my post at the iran's olympic Weightlifting schedule!
                sigpic

Comment

Beautiful that we got the Gold, but this has only made me hungry for MORE! More wrestling and more weightlifting, please! I love how these are the things that our people are good at.
                  "A craftsman pulled a reed from the reedbed, cut holes in it, and called it a human being.
                  Since then, it's been wailing a tender agony of parting, never mentioning the skill that gave it life as a flute." -- Rumi

Good thoughts, good words, good deeds.

"Iranians are poets and tend to use language as though it were paint, to be spread out, blended, swirled. Words can be presented as pieces in a puzzle, pieces that may or may not fit together neatly." - New York Times

Comment

GOOD NEWS! Both Russian weightlifters have withdrawn from tomorrow's 105 kg race which makes it very possible for Nasirhelal of Iran to win a medal. Cross Your fingers!

Both the Russians were expected to finish with gold and silver.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/russian...6644--oly.html

Comment

By the way the qualification for discus throwing is also tomorrow. Hadadi should have no trouble and he is a medal contender.

Comment

Mash'Allah Hamid jan! Iran shireh!

Comment

hopefully more good news tomorrow
                          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

alot of athletes tmrw

http://www.london2012.com/country/ir...day/index.html
                            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

woke up.
                              saw the news. And conditioned my moustache!

WELL DONE HAMID!
                              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X