Respect to Skorea and Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gdoggali View Post
    I agree, they are just haters. They didn't even watch the UAE games. I watched the one against GB and they played suprisingly well, nice crisp passing, great technique.
    Dog is incorrect. UAE embarrassed Asia for shizzle so stop being a player hater. I'm from the hood and misuderstood.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

even though JP and SK both lost their semi matches, they've truly represented asia with class and dignity ... always

couldn't say the same thing about the sheikh-neshins, who in the very unlikely case that they would've made it this far, would be by way of either buying out the officials or doing it utilizing their time honored traditions of anti-football and various displays of grass-rolling techniques
      Let wisdom reign
      Asho Zartosht

You must be the change you wish to see in the world
      Mahatma Gandhi

Learn from yesterday, live in the present, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to never stop questioning
      Albert Einstein

A wise man makes his own decisions ... an ignorant just follows others
      Dallai lama

Comment

Why is manchooo banned?

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
          Why is manchooo banned?
          he got banned? that sucks....anyways i didnt watch the games but i bet both our asian boys got cheated in their games...

Comment

Originally posted by gdoggali View Post
            I agree, they are just haters. They didn't even watch the UAE games. I watched the one against GB and they played suprisingly well, nice crisp passing, great technique.
            I was at Wembley and as you say they were by far better technically and at times sliced through the GB defence. GB fans were really surprised at the quality of the UAE.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
              If Iran lost 3-1 in a major tournament (as UAE did to GB), we wouldn't be praising the supposed crispness of their passing. We would be asking for the coaches/players' heads.
              On the contrary, if Iran had taken the lead and only narrowly lost to the South American champs, outplayed and outpassed the hosts and drew with a very good Senegal side I think it would be an improvement on the previous WC performance.

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
                On the contrary, if Iran had taken the lead and only narrowly lost to the South American champs, outplayed and outpassed the hosts and drew with a very good Senegal side I think it would be an improvement on the previous WC performance.
                Iran has never been ranked the weakest team in any football tournament, NEVER.

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
                  Great Britain had 59% possession against UAE's 41%. GB had 10 shots on target, compared to UAE's 2 shots on target.

Source: http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football...uae_36933.html

UAE were dominated, outplayed and finish as the worst team of the 16.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    Asia's participation in these Olympics will always be remembered for UAE's embarrassing performance.
                    Actually thought UAE performed quite admirably in Britain. Very surprising display. They had some skill, played attractive football, and didn't resort to the typical grass-rolling that their region is known for.

I doubt Iran's Omeed Team would match up with Britain, Uruguay and Senegal in such a manner. Which just goes to show how far behind I.R. Iran is falling to the rest of the AFC.

Comment

Congratulations to S. Korea and Japan for the globe to respect the Asian Continent. They were great representatives and I expect Iran to share the glory in the near future. Also, props to Mexico and Brazil for making it to the championship round. It should be an amazing final!

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                        Iran has never been ranked the weakest team in any football tournament, NEVER.
                        Performances are not necessarily always rewarded by results. I suspect you did not watch them since if a young Iran side had performed with the technique and ability of the UAE in this tournament we would be lauding them.

In any case I'm not sure how you're defining weakest ranked team since
                        A) New Zealand had a worse goal difference
                        B) Spain finished on the same points - does that make them the equal weakest team in the competition?

Comment

how the hell did UAE make it to the Olympics and we didn't??

Japan and South Korea have shown us again of how far behind we are.
                          Let this be a lesson for those who keep talking up our football teams and think that we have any realistic chance of beating these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
                            Great Britain had 59% possession against UAE's 41%. GB had 10 shots on target, compared to UAE's 2 shots on target.

Source: http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football...uae_36933.html

UAE were dominated, outplayed and finish as the worst team of the 16.
                            Again, I suspect you did not watch the match. Read the BBC report. UAE dominated GB for large periods in the first half and in the second UAE had at least 2 clear cut chances at 1-1 against the home team.

I'm interested in knowing - did you watch any of their games? I'm pleased that some members of this forum are honest and big enough to admit that UAE had a good, young team (or maybe just the ones that actually watched them). I dislike the grass rolling tactics as much as the next man, but this team was refreshing to watch.

Also how are UAE the worst of 16 when New Zealand had a worse gd?

Comment

Working...
                            X