Iran @ The 2012 Summer Olympics: Day 10 [August 6] - Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    I think Spain will get some medals in team sports (basketball, handball).
    India isn't known to be a main sport nation (except for cricket).
    Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
    Looks like it's going to be a fairly disgraceful showing for a nation of 1.2 billion.
    seriously that is just sad..how could the indians not like sports? so beghayrat...also did the philippines, bangladesh or pakistan make it to the olyimpics? these are all very big nations..

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
      Well, it's good ol' Nursultan Tulyakbay. And we do know that all the other countries are run by little girls.
      lool well i doubt that

Comment

Originally posted by Ario Barzan View Post
        hmmm ... and even worst could be said about other top population countries like pakistan, indonesia, and nigeria. (incidentally, what do these 3 countries have in common ... think about it)!!!
        well...I have absolutely no idea!!

...and props to Shogun_Rua, very knowledgeable member. Pretty much all your Euro 2012 and Olympics predictions have been right so far.

Comment

Iranians are not good in snatch because the snatch is "all about" technic (which Iranians are bad in in almost every sport including football: passing, stopping the ball, crosses, etc.).

They are good in clean & jerk because there you can compensate your lack of technic and lots of errors by pure power (which Iranians are very good in in every sport including football, look how they push all the opponents around).

Comment

so happy for noroozi. did very well in the last few rounds, and defended so well

expecting atleast 1 more gold!
            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
              Iranians are not good in snatch because the snatch is "all about" technic (which Iranians are bad in in almost every sport including football: passing, stopping the ball, crosses, etc.).

They are good in clean & jerk because there you can compensate your lack of technic and lots of errors by pure power (which Iranians are very good in in every sport including football, look how they push all the opponents around).
              Our free-style Wrestlers have the best technique in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                Our free-style Wrestlers have the best technique in the world.
                Wrong, Russians do by far...

Comment

By the way Kaveh Ahangar thank you for negative repping me you hypocritical bigot just because I expressed my opinion. At least Ario Barzan jan had the integrity to answer me with respect. People like you are what slows down the progress of our society and country.
                  sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                    Discus thrower: Ehsan Hadadi is in the final group of twelve tomorrow since he already got past the quarters and definitely has potential for a medal but it will be tough.
                    it's tomorrow?

can't wait for that, have heard good things about him but to get a medal will be a REAL achievement

what about 800m run semis?
                    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                      it's tomorrow?

can't wait for that, have heard good things about him but to get a medal will be a REAL achievement

what about 800m run semis?
                      Moradi ran a 1:48 which is competitive but pretty far off from 1st 2nd or 3rd

Comment

Tomorrow both Iranian wrestlers face wrestlers from Turkey in their first match....

Saeid Abdevali faces Atakan Yueksel who he beat 3 months ago at the World Cup

Ghasem Rezaei faces Cenk Ildem, he's never faced him before but Cenk Ildem faced a different Iranian at the same world cup and was pinned, so Rezaei should beat him.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the early matches but I will be able to watch the finals, I best not be disappointed when I get back!!

The most dangerous wrestlers in Abdevali's side of the bracket are Steve Guenot of France who is the 2008 olympic champion, Kim Hyeonwoo of Korea and Pedro Mulens of Cuba who are both 2011 bronze medalists.

On Rezaei's side if he gets past the Turk, he will 99% face a really dangerous Armenian. If he get's past his first 2 matches, he should have no trouble making the final.

Comment

shogun
                          ur a legend
                          damet garm

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post
                            Wrong, Russians do by far...
                            u know ur ***hti dude
                            Let wisdom reign
                            Asho Zartosht

You must be the change you wish to see in the world
                            Mahatma Gandhi

Learn from yesterday, live in the present, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to never stop questioning
                            Albert Einstein

A wise man makes his own decisions ... an ignorant just follows others
                            Dallai lama

Comment

Originally posted by Ario Barzan View Post
                              u know ur ***hti dude
                              sigpic

what the world would be if only the majority of people were this good

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of Fasa View Post
                                By the way Kaveh Ahangar thank you for negative repping me you hypocritical bigot just because I expressed my opinion. At least Ario Barzan jan had the integrity to answer me with respect. People like you are what slows down the progress of our society and country.
                                Wrong. It is namak-nashnas, ill-informed people with extremist views like yourself who have placed Iran in it's predicament today.

You talk a lot of smack about the Shah, and somehow gloss over the fact that he was the one who built the Aryamehr Stadium (known to all the little kiddies today as "Azadi stadium") and that during his reign Iran won the Asian Cup three times; 1968, 1972, 1976. Please tell me about Iran's sporting achievements in the 1980's, after our 'glorious' revolution?? The sad fact is that 40 years on, Aryamehr is still the greatest stadium in Iran, and IR will never complete a project like it.

So sit there and spew as much bitterness and extremist hatred as you want, against a flawed man with good intentions who did much to progress his country. Unfortunately, 33 years on, we still have people who want to keep Iran firmly in the medieval period. Shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X