Iran @ The 2012 Summer Olympics: Day 10 [August 6] - Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
    Wrong. It is namak-nashnas, ill-informed people with extremist views like yourself who have placed Iran in it's predicament today.

You talk a lot of smack about the Shah, and somehow gloss over the fact that he was the one who built the Aryamehr Stadium (known to all the little kiddies today as "Azadi stadium") and that during his reign Iran won the Asian Cup three times; 1968, 1972, 1976. Please tell me about Iran's sporting achievements in the 1980's, after our 'glorious' revolution?? The sad fact is that 40 years on, Aryamehr is still the greatest stadium in Iran, and IR will never complete a project like it.

So sit there and spew as much bitterness and extremist hatred as you want, against a flawed man with good intentions who did much to progress his country. Unfortunately, 33 years on, we still have people who want to keep Iran firmly in the medieval period. Shame.
    well we just won the first two gold medals in greco roman since 1948

Comment

Its funny how people were going off on me yesterday for mixing politics with sports and now look at this thread! Seems like people love to bring politics into the discussion only when it fits their narrative. Or the guys who were claiming the olympics a disaster are now fully on the bandwagon. lol

Not to say in your face but did not I say this will be Iran's best olympics and wrestling performance? Hala tahvil begirin. Iran's roman team is actually stronger than freestyle team. I think if Salimi is healthy we will win the gold and silver in 105+ tomorrow. Besides that we can still win two more gold medals or even more.

Comment

Here is an interesting prediction from me:

Iran could move into the top 10 ranking tomorrow! We maybe get 3 or 4 medals tomorrow with 2 golds.

Salimi 105+ kg Gold (Finished first in world cup)
        Anoushiravan 105+ kg Silver (Finished second in world cup)
        Abdevali 66 kg of Roman Gold (Finished first in world cup)
        Haddadi Discus throw Bronze (Finished 3rd in world cup )

Also might win a medal tomorrow:

Rezaei 96 kg Roman but no high hopes

Comment

like I said, this has the potential to be our best Olympic games ever.
          We'll see.

Comment

If I am not mistaken considering the rest of our wrestling matches both free style and Greco-Roman are in the upcoming days, it seems that hopefully by the end of this Olympics games we will finish one of our best Olympics appearances ever!

Comment

Stop with the politics in the olympic threads! People come here to read updates and live reports of our sportsmen/women, not for some political or religious talk! Do not mess up these threads! If you want to discuss politics and its involvement in our sports, please open a thread in the general forum.
              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Any videos of the wrestling golds Iran won?

Comment

Originally posted by dariush-44 View Post
                  Any videos of the wrestling golds Iran won?
                  Check footballitarin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X