Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Iranian wrestler in Azerbaijan team!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Iranian wrestler in Azerbaijan team!!!

As I was checking the 84 kg greco draw, I saw Saman Tahmasebi's name as a wrestler for Azarbaijan. If I am not mistaken, he wrestled for Iran before joining Azerbaijan. There is a very short bio on wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saman_Tahmasebi

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
    As I was checking the 84 kg greco draw, I saw Saman Tahmasebi's name as a wrestler for Azarbaijan. If I am not mistaken, he wrestled for Iran before joining Azerbaijan. There is a very short bio on wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saman_Tahmasebi
    how come he is reping azerbaijan now?

Comment

good luck to him.

so long as he doesnt wrestle against us, I wish him all the best.
      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by iraniboy View Post
        how come he is reping azerbaijan now?
        He used to wrestle for Iran... I guess there is financial incentives as well as better chance to medal. Here is a link from 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KILC2Ohvbt8

Comment

Not surprised.

We all have one life and one chance on this earth. For him, the chance to move to the West and make a life for himself wasn't available and he obviously wanted out. Probably being an Azari (assuming that he's an Azari) made the decision much easier. Now he can live in a country where his wife/girl friend/daughter are treated like human beings and not animals and he's also much more free as an individual.

Isn't it sad how Aliyev Republic is freer than Iran? A border line dictatorship is better than our Iran. ****ed up world we're living in.

Comment

Azerbaijans government is 10x better than iran on freedom issues, I wouldn't doubt it if many azari's today move there.
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

he is a traitor in my opinion
              sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt

Comment

Or maybe, which is very common for Russian wrestlers, he chose to go to Azerbaijan because it increases his chances to participate in the Olympics. Each country can only have one wrestler in each weight class in the Olympics, so if ge felt that the competition was too great in Iran, azerbaijan is a better choice
                sigpic

Comment

hmmm... not sure what I think of this.
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Soorakhian jan,

Your post was the most logical one. Too many people bring politics into these threads. Obviously, Iran being a powerhouse in wrestling, he most likely didn't have a chance to make it to the team and chose the next best option, Azerbaijan.

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
                    Or maybe, which is very common for Russian wrestlers, he chose to go to Azerbaijan because it increases his chances to participate in the Olympics. Each country can only have one wrestler in each weight class in the Olympics, so if ge felt that the competition was too great in Iran, azerbaijan is a better choice

Comment

Its unbelievable for me! Trator!
                      sigpic

Comment

or he simply decided to wrestle for Azarbajedjan because he wanted to. Since this is his life, his choice, his right to do what he wants to do, and not our personnal property...?
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by manchooo View Post
                          Not surprised.

We all have one life and one chance on this earth. For him, the chance to move to the West and make a life for himself wasn't available and he obviously wanted out. Probably being an Azari (assuming that he's an Azari) made the decision much easier. Now he can live in a country where his wife/girl friend/daughter are treated like human beings and not animals and he's also much more free as an individual.

Isn't it sad how Aliyev Republic is freer than Iran? A border line dictatorship is better than our Iran. ****ed up world we're living in.
                          He was born in Sanandaj, most likely he's a Kurd.
                          راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugsnotbombs View Post
                            He was born in Sanandaj, most likely he's a Kurd.
                            He is Kurd and the reason he went to Azerbaijan is because coach Banna told him he would never have him on his team again.

Comment

i hope he never wins a medal in his life. for every one that goes ten will replace him!

Comment

Working...
                              X