US and CHINA have advantage in the Olympics over other nations like IRAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US and CHINA have advantage in the Olympics over other nations like IRAN

“It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Unfortunately, there are more variety in specific sports (i.e. swimming, gymnastics) that benefit a few nations. But each competition of those sports deserves its recognition and I'm okay with that. With that said, it doesn't diminish the medals won by Iran in the sports we excel in. We should all be very proud!

Comment

Exactly what I've been saying!!! USA has 18 swimming golds. Take them away, they'd have less than korea!

Comment

the point is that if you want to win the most Olympic medals you have to invest in swimming, gymnastic and running. there is so much medals in these 3 sports that is ridiculous
        IRI = FAILED

Comment

umadbro?

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
            the point is that if you want to win the most Olympic medals you have to invest in swimming, gymnastic and running. there is so much medals in these 3 sports that is ridiculous

Comment

i rather us win 5 gold metals in wrestling and weightlifting than 20 is running...

they are our national sports, it shows that even without money if you have love for a sport you can succeed, this is what our footballers lack, they have money but no more love... as u all saw mahdavikia daie etc. had love for the game which in the end led them to tons of money, but players these days get money from the first day which is why they dont excel which leads to out national team playing like shit, if one of our footballers had half the gheyrat the likes of daie, mahdavikia, salimi, sourian etc. have we wouldnt be in the shit hole we are in now
              Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
              http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
              [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
              Villa + Messi =

Comment

Archery
                Fencing
                Gymnastic
                Judo
                Shooting
                Swimming
                Table Tenis
                Taekwondo
                Volleyball
                Weightlifting
                Wrestling

I think in this competition Iran can be successfull with the RIGHT MANAGMENT! In Weightlifting, Wrestling, Teakwando we need great people for every weightclass. Imagine Iran being in everyclass unter the Top 3!
                But Iran does need a good planing for the next 4 years!
                But an other problem is that there are no private clubs. The most athlete from Germany does train for private sportclubs and are not depended on any federation! Something like that is needed in Iran. With MUCH MORE help of the Government (I know i am dreaming!) and such private sportclubs Iran can be very successfull!
                sigpic

Comment

The number of swimming medals indeed is a joke.

Comment

Gymnastics, swimming and athletics have the most number of medals. "do va meydani" sports are VERY CHEAP and all we need to do is hire good foreign coaches, give grants for athletes so they can have proper diets over an extended period of time and introduce all the random athletic sports to Iranian students. If I'm correct, our discus thrower trains in the US and not in Iran and he spends his own money for training. Hopefully Iranian officials can see the medal potential in athletics.

One more thing, how come we're not doing good in shooting competitions? Get a few elite soldiers and train them for a year before each Olympics and we'll have ourselves a few medals.

Comment

same thing with rowing/kayaking, ... .
                      otherwise how can one explain kazakhistan's presence up there in top 10?

nations PLAN & strategize for olympics, aside from the usual prep'ing and training of athletes and ... etc.

unfortunately in iran the concept of "planning and strategy" is as alien as other similar concepts like "economy & finance, human rights, independence, ..."!

Comment

Maybe if our women were allowed to feel shameless, they could compete in gymnastics which also gave out so many medals, and makes them feel beautiful at the same time.
                        Who saw the romanian woman sandra? Some crazy things in artistic gymanstics.
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

They expanded sports such as swimming, gymnastics, and diving for TV ratings and subsequent profits. Things are especially ridiculous on the swimming side. There are 66 medals handed out in swimming. Why do we have the same athlete get 3 medals in 50m, then 100m, then 200m butterfly?

Comment

so true there are way too many events for swimming and gymnastics
                            sigpic

Comment

Great observation but this is not anything new. As the Americans say "It is what it is, deal with it."

Hence why Iran needs to have multiple athletes seriously trained for these areas to take advantage of the medals opportunity which exist.
                              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
                              X