• Show
Clear All

Iran @ The 2012 Summer Olympics: Day 12 [August 8] - Live Updates

Iran @ The 2012 Summer Olympics: Day 12 [August 8]

Boxing

Ehsan Rouzbahani [81kg: Men's Light Heavy Quarter-Finals] - 23:00 BST

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Times

23:00 BST - 18:00 EST - 15:00 PST - 2:30 Tehran Time (The Next Day)

*Currently, Iran is 14th in the ranking table having won 4 GOLD, 3 SILVER, and 1 BRONZE.
    Last edited by K. Nader; 08-08-2012, 12:29 PM.

Not much activity tomorrow but Rouzbahani's match is a significant one - if he wins tomorrow, he will progess to the Semi-Finals and guarantee himself a Bronze medal (at the very least).

Comment

Thanks God it’s not a busy day this time. I can’t watch 4-5 live streams at the same time again, too stressful with all the emotions
      Formerly known as Persianking!
      Follow me @
      instagram/iranscout
      instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

^^^
        I know what you mean. :P

From this point forward, I don't think we'll have any overly intense days again - we only have 11 athletes competing over the next 5 days. The breakdown is as follows:

- 1 athlete in Boxing
        - 3 athletes in Taekwondo
        - 7 athletes in Freestyle Wrestling

Essentially, if our athletes can continue the trend which the others have started, I think it's fair to say that we can win 2-3 more Gold medals. The good thing with our athletes is that they'll definitely be more relaxed than they were in 2008 when we weren't winning anything. The longer that trend continued, the more pressure the athletes were under (as they would normally state themselves in their interviews with Ferdowsipour).

I actually remember watching Ferdowsipour interview Haddadi after Haddadi was eliminated in the qualification rounds in 2008. Haddadi was literally in tears and continually kept apologizing to the people of Iran and how he felt he let them down. I'm sure he's a lot more satisfied with his performance this time around.

Comment

^Poor guy

Comment

hopefully we can win more metals still..our athletes now have a lot of freedom knowing that weve already done soo good.. so they can really open up and compete less nervy..

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
              ^^^
              I know what you mean. :P

From this point forward, I don't think we'll have any overly intense days again - we only have 11 athletes competing over the next 5 days. The breakdown is as follows:

- 1 athlete in Boxing
              - 3 athletes in Taekwondo
              - 7 athletes in Freestyle Wrestling

I thought we have only two in taekwondo, "Y. Karami" and "M. Bagheri Motamed". who is the 3rd one?
              Nakoneh mikhay begi "K. Nader"?

edit: sorry forgot we have women taekwondoka there.... my bad, your good = PP sarvar SS as always!
              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

So on Friday our freestyle boys start playing!

Yea I said playing just to get on Mr. Sebil's nerves.

Comment

We only have rouzbahani left in boxing? I thought there was another smaller size boxer we had who was still left. Who did he lose to if hes out?

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
                    So on Friday our freestyle boys start playing!

Yea I said playing just to get on Mr. Sebil's nerves.

yes they will play badminton after they put their make up on!!!!

In WRESTLING we fight, we dont play.
                    In BOXING we fight we dont play.

In SIBIL we trim, we dont play.

In CHESS, we cheat but dont play.

baba jan... seriously, its wrestling, not table tennis.... they are wrestlers not players... they wrestle or fight
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

what time well the fight be in portland time???

Comment

3 pacific

Comment

thank you am or pm???

Comment

Originally posted by pedramsalmani10 View Post
                            thank you am or pm???
                            In the afternoon (PM).

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                              I thought we have only two in taekwondo, "Y. Karami" and "M. Bagheri Motamed". who is the 3rd one?
                              Nakoneh mikhay begi "K. Nader"?

edit: sorry forgot we have women taekwondoka there.... my bad, your good = PP sarvar SS as always!
                              LOL

To be honest, I started Taekwondo when I was 7-8 and continued until I was 16, participating in several competitions between 15-16. Had I continued for the past 4 years, I may have had the chance to really do something with this sport. Unfortunately, the competition system in Canada quite poor (most people enrol in TKD as a means of physical exercise rather than to 'compete').

Speaking of TKD, I really hope Sousan Hajian can win a medal. I'm completely willing to give up any other future gold medals in these Olympics if it means we can have a female athlete come away a medal. Of course, winning gold medals in wrestling will add to our great performance in these games but to have Hajian be the first female athlete to win an Olympic medal will truly be special.

Comment

Working...
                              X