Iran @ The 2012 Summer Olympics: Day 13 [August 9] - Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post

Now only if our girls were contributing a few medals as well. If IR considers, female weightlifting and Taekwondo could both be done with a hijab on.
    I believe we have a female competing in Taekwando, Sousan Hajipourgoli

Comment

I don't think the American guy feels safe over there

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post

I don't think the American guy feels safe over there
        with the Afghan, the I-raynian and the guy from thanks giving land
        Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          I just heard that taekwando could be dropped from 2016 Olympics (maybe remplaced by karate)
          It is likely to be replaced by 200 M swimming while kicking your opponents.

Comment

Unlucky Bagheri!
            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
              Atleast this Turkish guy had class compared to the French ashole who won by cheating.
              Very good deed done by servet tazegul ( tazegol) he is a true olympian!
              You guys have to remember that turks are one of our closest brothers in culture and language! language influence between iran and turkey goes both ways and can be seen!
              For instance, look at turkish money! Bank merkazi is the same as bank markazi...... 1/4 of words in turkish are just pronounced so differently that we don't recognize them!

Also I wanted to add, I'm very proud that we had an Afghani Irani and Turk on the podium at the same time! Good job, ESPECIALLY to the afghani guy, my heart goes out to him for producing well with his situation!
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

KK jan,

Damet garm for such a wonderful post. Afghan, Iranians, and Turks share a lot of common. Remember, if it weren't the Brits, we would all be one nation.

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                You guys have to remember that turks are one of our closest brothers in culture and language! language influence between iran and turkey goes both ways and can be seen!
                For instance, look at turkish money! Bank merkazi is the same as bank markazi...... 1/4 of words in turkish are just pronounced so differently that we don't recognize them!

Also I wanted to add, I'm very proud that we had an Afghani Irani and Turk on the podium at the same time! Good job, ESPECIALLY to the afghani guy, my heart goes out to him for producing well with his situation!

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                  Where do you hear this? It would be a major let-down if they did so. Instead of taking out something like TKD, they should get rid of trash like synchronized swimming and replace it with Karate and Futsal.
                  French tv

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                    Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
                    KK jan,
                    Damet garm for such a wonderful post. Afghan, Iranians, and Turks share a lot of common. Remember, if it weren't the Brits, we would all be one nation.
                    I didnt know that culturally we share much with the turks? I always thought they were more european influenced?

Comment

Working...
                    X