Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Must Help Out Out Athletes Financially. Here's How.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Must Help Out Out Athletes Financially. Here's How.

Do you guys remember that old school bus monitor in the US and how she was insulted by a couple of 12 year olds? After the video of the event surfaced, some random guy on the internet started a donation drive for the old lady and within days she was a half millionaire!

Seeing how most of our olympians are barely making ends meet, we must help them out financially. We got the high value of the US dollar/Euro on our side so we can help a lot. I want you to look at the following picture and tell me what's wrong.

This Abdevali charachter had hard work and determination on his side and he was able to make ends meet with a simple job like that. It's a miracle how our athletes managed to rise to the top without much financial support. We don't know how many people don't make it simply because their kid or wife needs to go to the hospital after an accident. These guys have to put their training and diet to the side the second money becomes scarce and it's obvious that for most of our non-footballers this is indeed the case.

On the other side of the coin, once they do make it and once they win a medal, the govt takes good care of them. We need to be supporting the unknowns who are working hard to become the next Olympic heroes of our nation. We don't know how many Hadi Saies and Hosseing Rezazadehs we've lost b/c they had to quit to support their family.

So here's what needs to be done.

1) Collecting money is only half the battle. We need to find contacts within each federation to help us distribute the money. Believe it or not this would be very easy. A person like Bana, even though he's without a doubt the best Iranian Greco-Roman coach there is, can be easily approached. We have guys on this board who are very familiar with the wrestling scene in Iran (Shogun if I'm not mistaken). What I'm trying to say is that finding the right guys to give the money to won't be difficult if we put in the effort.

2) We need some way to collect the money. I have NO experience in this field, but I know that everyday tons of charities pop up around North America. Simply asking for money is not going to work. We need to set up a proper charity that people can trust. Again, I have no idea how charities work, so please share some ideas in this regard. How do other charities do it? How can we have transparency?

3) We need to think long-term. This can become a PFDC project and even if it takes us two years to set it all up, so be it. There are 5 million Iranians outside Iran. They can all be targetted thanks to the internet and they should all be willing to help out. We just have to do the leg work. Everyday we ***** and moan about our country, it's time to do something to help out those people that are stuck in that mullah infested nation of ours.

4) Take this seriously. I know I sound like a "jav gerefte" noob, and that's because I am. Seeing our athletes rise up to the occasion really fired me up and made me ashamed. I bought a leather jacket this morning and I was sick to my stomach after I saw Abdevali's picture and what he does to make ends meet.

5) SHARE IDEAS. Again, we need to think long-term. I'm certainly going to learn about how charities work and how we can do this. You should too.

btw, this is manchooo, the mods banned me for creating a second account. My first account was "fariborz" and the reason you guys don't remember that name is because "fariborz" was banned in 09-10. After 3-4 years I started posting again under "manchooo," but the mods banned me for having created a second account. I was polite and I broke no rule, but I was still banned. I ask the mods to not be so mechanical in their adherence to the rules. I don't remember what I did 3 years ago to be banned, but obviously I'm much more mature now and I deserve a second chance.

in 1 line, what do u want now ?

Comment

Great idea, if we can manage to live up to our words it would be great! And now we also know what happend to you

Comment

Post this on Reddit, chances are foreigners will help out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by soniq View Post
          Post this on Reddit, chances are foreigners will help out as well.
          I don't think money is the issue here. Our problem is the charity part. We need somebody who has had experience with charities to come forward. I'm going to read about different foundations and see if I can learn something. If we think of this as a long-term project, we can definitly get it done.

Comment

The problem is as long as u dont have good, i mean very good contacts in iran u cant do much. First u need someone who u can trust in the federation. Vaylah too iran pooloh rahat mikhoran. But i like the idea!
            I am not sure how its possible too do such a big project. Perhaps we have some member who can manage such a project.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post
              The problem is as long as u dont have good, i mean very good contacts in iran u cant do much. First u need someone who u can trust in the federation. Vaylah too iran pooloh rahat mikhoran. But i like the idea!
              I am not sure how its possible too do such a big project. Perhaps we have some member who can manage such a project.
              That part is actually easy. Money can either be given to a local charity in Iran or the leg work can be done by a single representative. But that's in the future and something that can be tackled later on.

And you're right, it's a big project, but we have a great opportunity to help out b/c of the high value of the dollar/Euro.

Does anyone know of any major foundations that work in Iran? I'm talking about big ones like the Agha Khan Foundation or something like that.

Comment

Being a complete noob, I had to search yahoo answers lol

You would register as a non-profit business at any government office in Canada or even over the Internet if you have a credit card with your name. If you are considered a Society, then you can adopt the routine constitution that you can get a copy of from the Internet also. You will need to have a Board set up with at least 5 members, and a larger membership possible for annual meetings. Once you have your business number, you apply to Ottawa, Ont. for your non-profit charitable status number. They give you a phone number to apply with your business licence. That takes a bit longer, but once you have that, then you can start to apply for grants for your different need. You can do this yourself with the directions and aids on the Internet and save yourself a bundle. I helped a community garden in BC to get going so the steps are fresh in my mind, but the resources are great too. But start immediately as it takes times. You will need to keep clear financial records, and you will need the charitable status number to set up a bank account for your society, as distinct from personal use. What place or province are you starting from? Do you have your own computers and internet access? A laptop with a wireless card would be valuable especially if travelling, and could certainly be a business expense once you are set up. Not sure if I could help you more than that? I could send some links if I know where you are starting from? It seems Canadian business links often use USA resources also. But lots of Internet advice. Good luck.

Think I might just do this. It's gonna be a nice little project.

Comment

Agha harchi pool darin be man bedin, ma khodam taghsim mikonam beyneh bacheha.
                  CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

How can we even send it with all the sanctions?
                    sigpic

what the world would be if only the majority of people were this good

Comment

Originally posted by Puji View Post
                      How can we even send it with all the sanctions?
                      That's another issue. I had that in mind before even opening the thread, but there should be a way.

Comment

Working...
                      X