Iran @ The 2012 Summer Olympics: Day 14 [August 10] - Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
    Same happened to Hadadi (our discus thrower).
    There you go... I had not watched that ceremony, so I wouldn't have noticed it.

But these things are called "nonverbal communication" and are very important in the USA.
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

BBC showed Hadadi's face and the IR flag during the medal ceremony.

Anyway, I thought we were supposed to keep "politics" out of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
        NBC just showed the medal ceremony with the US national anthem playing and they left Goodarzi totally out of the frame when the flags where hoisted, positioning the camera to capture the Uzbeki wrestler next to the USA gold winner (these techniques are called "nonverbal communication" out here in the west.) I guess I know why I couldn't find a PhD advisor when I was in the graduate school a few years ago and had to walk away with a master's degree... Long story but there definitely was a large political component to it. Feels strange and tough when you are in the middle of two countries which don't like each other, one your mother country, the other your adopted one.
        how lame

but not surprising.....i guess they will never talk about how iran already has 4 medals in wrestling while its US first medal (if im not mistaken)

Comment

NBC just showed the medal ceremony with the US national anthem playing and they left Goodarzi totally out of the frame when the flags where hoisted, positioning the camera to capture the Uzbeki wrestler next to the USA gold winner (these techniques are called "nonverbal communication" out here in the west.) I guess I know why I couldn't find a PhD advisor when I was in the graduate school a few years ago and had to walk away with a master's degree... Long story but there definitely was a large political component to it. Feels strange and tough when you are in the middle of two countries which don't like each other, one your mother country, the other your adopted one.
          i hope everyone behind nbc the american media n government suffers for eternity in hell for all years of inequality and injustice they have projected to the world...if you want to know who the devil is just go look up one of these bastards..

Comment

I don't think many of the athletes are fasting. Most have delayed it till after the Olympics.
            I think Karami may just have been ill.

Comment

so sad...
              sigpic

Comment

^by the way Dokhtar jan how did you make your signature because I was wondering how to make it once the olympics have finished and we have our final medal count?
                sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt

Comment

Working...
                X