No announcement yet.

Iran @ The 2012 Summer Olympics: Day 14 [August 10] - Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to withhold my comments about the black American...

Comment

Our Freestyle used to be way stronger, while in Grecko-Roman wrestling we literally had no say at all in international scenes, it's all changed now I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        Yikes! Iran got OWNED! Good effort by our guy but that American guy was incredible! Incredibly rude by not shaking Goudrazi's hand as well.

So thats 5 Silvers? Ouch!

Does anyone know how many more chances for a Gold we have left remaining? Real chances?
        shogun says that we are favorites for two more wrestling golds
        sigpic

what the world would be if only the majority of people were this good

Comment

That Burroughs guy is a good wrestler, strong, fast, technical & confident.

Comment

fckk man I really wished Goudarzi would beat his ass! But like I said, the American is much faster and that was the key in this fight.
            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

man goudarzi could've won, he just didnt try...WTF so disappointing

Comment

this guy is annoying ...... he is in a parade with only himself
                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

He went for the legs from the beginning..and that was fatal for Goudrazi

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                    Yikes! Iran got OWNED! Good effort by our guy but that American guy was incredible! Incredibly rude by not shaking Goudrazi's hand as well.

So thats 5 Silvers? Ouch!

Does anyone know how many more chances for a Gold we have left remaining? Real chances?
                    I missed that ...... did he refuse to shake his hand or did he just forget?
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Puji View Post
                      shogun says that we are favorites for two more wrestling golds
                      I hope so. It seems these are the Silver olympics for us.

Comment

the american was just too fast

Comment

And, Shogun_Rea, the REALIST, gets it right.

Dame Goudarzi garm.
                          Did a very good job, but the better PLAYER won fairly.

Thats medal NUMBER 10 for Iran.

Simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

Last week, when Romania got its 6th or 7th medal, one of my collegues laughed at me (innocent joke), saying:

Amir, you guys will never catch us now in the medal standing.

Now, one week later, look at the standings:

Iran is 14th, Romania is some where in the 23rd place.
                          Iran just won its 10th medal, Romania will most probably finish with the current 9

Dame shir bache-haye Iran garm.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken karami fights in 10 mins.. right?

Comment

The American is simply the best wrestler in that weightclass, so no need to be bitter, Silver is great for Goudarzi, he was lucky to have avoided the Russian, who actually would probably would have beaten him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser Amir View Post
                                Shogun_Rua is one of the only people on this board, if not the only one, who knows something about wrestling.

Based on his knowledge, he is predicting Goudarzi to lose and, as always, he is getting critisised by fellow members who know very little / nothing about wrestling

Reminds me of my situation in the football forum

Of course, right now, because I know nothing about wrestling, I predict Goudarzi to win gold.

Its sometimes a good thing, if you don't know much.
                                It allows you to be optimist
                                With all due respect all that information is in Wikipedia. Spend 5 mins there and you would know or can at least tell who the favorite is.

Goudarzi was not favored in this match. Yazdani and Taghavi are our best chances. Again that is also on wikipedia.

Comment

Working...
                                X