Iran @ The 2012 Summer Olympics: Day 14 [August 10] - Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
    Incredibly rude by not shaking Goudrazi's hand as well.
    I was looking to see if he would shake his hand too though he never did. But interestingly, Burroughs shook the hands of the two Iranian coaches on the side.
    "A craftsman pulled a reed from the reedbed, cut holes in it, and called it a human being.
    Since then, it's been wailing a tender agony of parting, never mentioning the skill that gave it life as a flute." -- Rumi

Good thoughts, good words, good deeds.

"Iranians are poets and tend to use language as though it were paint, to be spread out, blended, swirled. Words can be presented as pieces in a puzzle, pieces that may or may not fit together neatly." - New York Times

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
      I missed that ...... did he refuse to shake his hand or did he just forget?
      Nah too busy celebrating. Watch on reply. Totally ignored Goudrazi. I gotta admit though - he is damn good! Sad to see him such an a$$ though

Comment

Close final. Goudarzi was the one taking iniative all the time, but the american was a solid wreslter.

Goudarzi could've definatley beaten this guy.

Congrats for the silver medal.

Comment

Burroughs was the better wrestler, congrats to him eventho he is rude for not shaking Sadegh's hand, silver is still good no shame in silver.

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
            With all due respect all that information is in Wikipedia. Spend 5 mins there and you would know or can at least tell who the favorite is.

Goudarzi was not favored in this match. Yazdani and Taghavi are our best chances. Again that is also on wikipedia.
            I don't get my information from Wikipedia (well I do go back sometimes to check on a few things), I actually follow Wrestling and in particular Iranian wrestlers..

Comment

Its really hard to go up the ranking now unless we win some Gold

1 United States of America
              40 25 26 91
              2 People's Republic of China
              37 25 19 81
              3 Great Britain
              25 15 16 56
              4 Russian Federation
              14 21 25 60
              5 Republic of Korea
              12 7 6 25
              6 Germany
              10 17 11 38
              7 France
              8 9 12 29
              8 Hungary
              8 4 3 15
              9 Australia
              7 14 10 31
              10 Italy
              7 6 7 20
              11 Kazakhstan
              6 0 3 9
              12 Japan
              5 14 16 35
              13 Netherlands
              5 5 8 18
              14 Islamic Republic of Iran
              4 5 1 10

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                Yikes! Iran got OWNED! Good effort by our guy but that American guy was incredible! Incredibly rude by not shaking Goudrazi's hand as well.

So thats 5 Silvers? Ouch!

Does anyone know how many more chances for a Gold we have left remaining? Real chances?
                Taghavi, Yazdani are current world champs
                Lashgar, Esmaeilpour, Komeili have also serious chances...

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                Our Freestyle used to be way stronger, while in Grecko-Roman wrestling we literally had no say at all in international scenes, it's all changed now I guess!
                baba why soo soon to conclusions? This was day 1 freestyle and we got 1 nice Silver.
                we have some world champs in our freestyle squad, we have 5 more wrestlers to come. all with serious medal chances!
                This Freestyle squad that we have is one of the strongest we ever sent to olympics.... yekkam sabr kon janam and enjoy the silver
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

The US guy is just great man. He will rule this weight for years to come. Congratulation to him for the gold and also for the silver for Goudarzi. Goudarzi did his best and I am glad he got the silver. This was a clean fight with clear winner. And we got our 10th medal and we are breaking the record good.

Comment

We have three more wrestlers left, all competing tommz: 60kg, 84kg and 120kg.

No idea what we got left in Taekwondo

Comment

unfortunate loss but congrats on the silver. nothing to be ashamed of and congratulations to him. but bring the gold iran!!!! lets goooo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
                        With all due respect all that information is in Wikipedia. Spend 5 mins there and you would know or can at least tell who the favorite is.

Goudarzi was not favored in this match. Yazdani and Taghavi are our best chances. Again that is also on wikipedia.
                        Damet garm agha, gol gofti!
                        sigpic

Comment

So, any updates on Karami? I guess the Brit will be a tough opposition, fighting at home!

Comment

Yousef Karami in Taekwondo Repechage match. On now!
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

It's starting in a minute.

Comment

the match for Karami is starting now

Comment

Working...
                                X