Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So that is it for today..

Comment

Relax guys it's all good, they shook hands on the podium and held hugged each other during the pictures while the other 2 were separated away from them holding up their medals. Burroughs is ****y but he has a right to be if he can back up his words which he has done so far in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
        The Swedish Commentator mentioned about Karami was weak because he's fasting.
        I actually brought this up in the thread yesterday after watching Bagheri stand motionless for large parts of his matches. Again, if this is true, then it makes an astronomical difference when you're in that protective gear.

Comment

The olympics website states on their profile that Goudarzi and the siapoost are both 74kg in weight. This really didn't look to be the case.

Comment

Comment

Some people really need to put a smile on their face

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post

Comment

How long has Karami been here?

If it's less than 10 days, then he is not permitted to fast. Even if he was in London for more than 10 days, he could've travelled outside London to break his fast atleast for this game.. this doesn't really make sense.
                  I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post

If it's less than 10 days, then he is not permitted to fast. Even if he was in London for more than 10 days, he could've travelled outside London to break his fast atleast for this game.. this doesn't really make sense.
                    He is NOT permitted? by who? I don't understand.

Comment

Guys lol what's all this "disappointing freestyle wrestling talk". We haven't won shit in freestyle or Greco roman in the Olympics since Ali Reza Dabirs gold in 2000. The best we did I think was a silver in 04 and a bronze from heidari. So if we manage even 1 gold in freestyle this time around it is an achievement in itself.

Comment

too bad we didnt get gold..silver and gold are very very far apart in rankings..oh well

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post

please elaborate

Comment

Originally posted by oldcoach View Post
                            He is NOT permitted? by who? I don't understand.
                            Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
                            please elaborate
                            I think it's some Islamic mumbo jumbo jibberish
                            I remember back in elementary school learning about how when you travel you don't have to fast or something like that.

Comment

NBC just showed the medal ceremony with the US national anthem playing and they left Goodarzi totally out of the frame when the flags where hoisted, positioning the camera to capture the Uzbeki wrestler next to the USA gold winner (these techniques are called "nonverbal communication" out here in the west.) I guess I know why I couldn't find a PhD advisor when I was in the graduate school a few years ago and had to walk away with a master's degree... Long story but there definitely was a large political component to it. Feels strange and tough when you are in the middle of two countries which don't like each other, one your mother country, the other your adopted one.
                              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                                NBC just showed the medal ceremony with the US national anthem playing and they left Goodarzi totally out of the frame when the flags where hoisted, positioning the camera to capture the Uzbeki wrestler next to the USA gold winner (these techniques are called "nonverbal communication" out here in the west.) I now started to think maybe this is not a coincident. I guess I know why I couldn't find a PhD advisor when I was in the graduate school a few years ago and had to walk away with a master's degree... Long story but there definitely was a large political component to it. Feels strange and tough when you are in the middle of two countries who don't like each other, one your mother country, the other your adopted one.
                                Same happened to Hadadi (our discus thrower).
                                Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Working...
                                X