Masoud Esmaeilpour [60kg: Men's Freestyle Qualifications] - 13:00 BST
    Ehsan Lashgari [84kg: Men's Freestyle Qualifications] - 13:09 BST
    Komeil Ghasemi [120kg: Men's Freestyle 1/8 Finals] - 13:45 BST

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Times

13:00 BST - 8:00 EST - 5:00 PST - 16:30 Tehran Time
    13:09 BST - 8:09 EST - 5:09 PST - 16:39 Tehran Time
    13:45 BST - 8:45 EST - 5:45 PST - 17:15 Tehran Time

*Currently, Iran is 14th in the ranking table having won 4 GOLD, 5 SILVER, and 1 BRONZE.

The following is a fantastic outlook on our medal chances tomorrow (written by our own Shogun_Rua).

Tomorrows brackets for 60,84 and 120kg are out.....

I didn't like our chances for these wrestlers to begin with but it's gotten even worse:

60kg Masoud Esmaeilpour

His first match is against Mexico which he should win with ease then he will face 2011 world bronze medalist from Kazakhstan and if he get's through that he will face either the #1 or #2 in the world. It's crazy the #1 and #2 in the world have each other in their first match tomorrow, so even if he makes it through Kazakhstan and loses to #1/#2 in the quarter finals he will have to face the one that lost in the Repechage... don't expect a medal from him tomorrow unless he pulls off a huge upset...

84kg Ehsan Lashgari

Very tough draw, he basically got all the best wrestlers in the weight class on his side of the draw except for one (Dato Marsagishvili from Georgia) who has a really easy path to the finals tomorrow. Getting a bronze with all the wrestlers he has on his side of the bracket will be amazing, if he goes further then he is the man !!

120kg Komeil Ghasemi

His first match is against a Canadian which he should win but in his second match he is going to get destroyed because he is facing the "Mr Olympia" of Wrestling and the best heavyweight freestyle wrestler ever... The beast Artur Taymazov

Comment

My predictions for tomorrow:

60kg Masoud Esmaeilpour wins first match against Mexico but loses in the next round to Kazakhstan - no medal

84kg Ehsan Lashgari wins first against Kazakhstan, wins second against Tajikstan, loses next to Russia - Slim chance of medalling

120kg Komeil Ghasemi wins first against Canada, loses second to Uzbekistan... Goes into Repechage and wins against Germany, loses bronze medal match to USA.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't think we will make the podium tomorrow...

Comment

Yes looks very bad for Iran tommorow but God is great and has helped us during this olympics, still after checking wikipedia and the last years i must say im a bit shocked that iran doesnt have very big medal chances in freestyle, i mean we are a wrestling nation how come we dont have monsters ???

On sunday we have our last 2 wrestlers left, both are current world champions reza yazdani and the other guy in 66 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post
          My predictions for tomorrow:

60kg Masoud Esmaeilpour wins first match against Mexico but loses in the next round to Kazakhstan - no medal

84kg Ehsan Lashgari wins first against Kazakhstan, wins second against Tajikstan, loses next to Russia - Slim chance of medalling

120kg Komeil Ghasemi wins first against Canada, loses second to Uzbekistan... Goes into Repechage and wins against Germany, loses bronze medal match to USA.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't think we will make the podium tomorrow...
          I hope that you are wrong, nevertheless I'll be on a plane to California, going in a few hours!

Comment

hey guys this is pretty off topic, but i didnt know if i should make a thread about it, an Iranian artist made a song about Saeid Abdevali if anyone wants to check it out.
            Majid Adib-taghdim be Abdevali.

Comment

guys is this olympic the firs time we won gold in greco roman wrestling?? if yes, that is huge that we won 3 golds

Comment

yes first time and the strange will be that iran is first overall in greco roman and may possibly not even be in the top 3 if we dont get any gold medal tommorow.

Comment

What do you guys think are the chances of Yazdani and the other champion on Sunday? I heard Yazdani is not favourite, even though he is world champion.

Comment

olympic is for big athletes, no one will hand us a medal, we have to show up, fight and get the medals.
                    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by ufc fighter View Post
                      Yes looks very bad for Iran tommorow but God is great and has helped us during this olympics
                      it wasn't god who have helped us during the olympics the athletes helped themselves.
                      Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

^I think it was both
                        sigpic

Comment

well said super shojaei ... the religious always have 2 bring their god into the equation somehow.

baba, its our ghahramans' own kherad (wisdom), tavan (power), and shayestegi (worthiness) that brought them the medals and honors ... not alah and certainly not IR.

long live human wisdom and down with superstition !

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
                          it wasn't god who have helped us during the olympics the athletes helped themselves.
                          Let wisdom reign
                          Asho Zartosht

You must be the change you wish to see in the world
                          Mahatma Gandhi

Learn from yesterday, live in the present, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to never stop questioning
                          Albert Einstein

A wise man makes his own decisions ... an ignorant just follows others
                          Dallai lama

Comment

^with all due respect Ario Barzan jan, please don't push your beliefs onto others on this forum. I respect you even if you don't believe in God and I will always respect other peoples opinions but let's please not intercede and mock people's belief systems. As you may have seen many of our Pahlevans are religious to a certain point and do pray (weightlifters always preyed before they lifted, I know some of our wrestlers preyed before rounds).
                            sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt

Comment

Masoud Esmaeilpour [60kg] and Ehsan Lashgari [84kg] are the Golden boys of Asia in 2012. I expect some kind of medal from both of them. We used to rule the world in Free style wrestling and for that our boys know for sure how to fight only they must use their head and wrestle smart. Rules has changed significantly and a wrestler must not allow unfavorable draws to ruin his medal chances. That is what happened to Rahimi (55kg) where he lost to Indian who did not win any round. yet Rahimi did win a clean round but lost due to all those unbelievable rules. Wish them good luck and victory tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X