X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
    How much longer until our next matches?

ard. 5:40 pm UK time

hopefully we will win all 3 Bronze medals available!
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Iran @ The 2012 Summer Olympics: Day 15 [August 11] - Live Updates

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
      I object that!

we have fantastic COACHING STAFF for our WRESTLERS!
      yes financial problems etc etc

BUT, nothing bad happend!

AND ALL OF THEM DID WELL. its not like we fought terrible and lost everything!
      I think you are mixing this with football

This is by far the best OLYMPIC WE EVER HAD AND ALL WITH IRANIAN COACHES!
      starting from BANA (Greco Roman). KHADEM (Freestyle). BAGHERI (Weightlifting).

so please all our coaches are great... again I think you are too much footbally here
      Amoo jan, we may not have the worst coaching staff (although te TKD coach was replaced because he demanded his previous salaries which he didn't receive and Khadem is a Khamenei minion) but we definitely don't have the very best, which our athletes are (or we demand of them to be).

Yes relatively speaking they might be better than our coaching staff for football, but the athletes are DEFINITELY better in their sport than our footballers.

Their success and results are nothing thanks to the great care and aid they receive but due to their own individual skill/power/desire/pride.

Which footballer do you know that has to sell samosa on the streets to make a living?

And you can see how "bad" our coaching staff is each time one of our athletes loses. None of them are emotionally/mentally stable. Have you seen other athletes break down like ours? It's not that they're bigheyrat, as gheyrat/pride is not exclusive to Iranians. It's because their staff pay attention to them and their mental well being. Heck even our winners are underperform due to stress and pressure....

No Amoojan, don't let the great success of our athletes for one second mislead you into thinking that our staff is capable. Like always the government, the federations, and the staff will take credit for what is purely the talent of the individual athletes.

Comment

We are in for 3 Bronzes right?

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
          If there were 30+ seconds left, I would have agreed with you, but with 10-12 seconds on the clock it's close to impossible to do anything, so challenging and losing a point with 10 seconds remaining wouldn't have changed anything imo.

Anyway after all is done it's easy to talk, perhaps Khadem did the right thing, perhaps not, we will never know...
          There was actually 34seconds left when that happened. check minute 24:14
          http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=2396

‎Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
            Amoo jan, we may not have the worst coaching staff (although te TKD coach was replaced because he demanded his previous salaries which he didn't receive and Khadem is a Khamenei minion) but we definitely don't have the very best, which our athletes are (or we demand of them to be).

Yes relatively speaking they might be better than our coaching staff for football, but the athletes are DEFINITELY better in their sport than our footballers.

Their success and results are nothing thanks to the great care and aid they receive but due to their own individual skill/power/desire/pride.

Which footballer do you know that has to sell samosa on the streets to make a living?

And you can see how "bad" our coaching staff is each time one of our athletes loses. None of them are emotionally/mentally stable. Have you seen other athletes break down like ours? It's not that they're bigheyrat, as gheyrat/pride is not exclusive to Iranians. It's because their staff pay attention to them and their mental well being. Heck even our winners are underperform due to stress and pressure....

No Amoojan, don't let the great success of our athletes for one second mislead you into thinking that our staff is capable. Like always the government, the federations, and the staff will take credit for what is purely the talent of the individual athletes.

sorry babak jan but I disagree

as far as Wrestling (both greco roman and freestyle) and weightlifting is concerned, IMHO we have WORLD CLASS coaches! And I stand by this oppinion!
            Rasoul Khadem is a world class coach, so is also BANA. And so is BAGHERI.

I am not doomed by results, but I know their careers... I know both Khadem and Bagheri when they wrestled/weightlifted for Iran, I knew them when they went to coachin training. I knew them when they worked with youth and I know them now what they achieve.

I stand by my oppinion.... Our Wrestling and Weightlifting coaches are some of the best in the world.... everything-else you are right. But on coaching I disagree 100% and fully!

you dont have to agree with me of course... but thats where I stand 100%

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by soniq View Post
              We are in for 3 Bronzes right?
              yep, yep, yep.

Comment

OMG Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Draws for Tomorrow have been made, I thought today was bad for us.........

Yazdani's first match will be against winner of Abdusalam Gadisov/Taimuraz Tigiyev ....... 2 of the biggest threats to Yazdani !! And then the winner will face Gazyumov in the Semi Finals..... If I were to rank the top 5 it would be 1)Gadisov 2)Yazdani 3)Gazyumov 4) Tigiyev 5)Gogshelidze.. I can't believe this sh*t, there is no seeding for the wrestling brackets

Taghavi has Livian Lopez from Cuba first and then Yonemitsu from Japan !!! Yonemitsu is Taghavi's main rival for Gold, he beat him at the recent World Cup and their record against eachother is 2-2 .....

Wow this is crazy, I made a joke the other day on another forum saying " Can you imagine if Yazdani gets Gadisov and Taghavi get's Yonemitsu in the 1st round " .... now that this has practically happened I'm not laughing about it anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post
                  OMG Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Draws for Tomorrow have been made, I thought today was bad for us.........

Yazdani's first match will be against winner of Abdusalam Gadisov/Taimuraz Tigiyev ....... 2 of the biggest threats to Yazdani !! And then the winner will face Gazyumov in the Semi Finals..... If I were to rank the top 5 it would be 1)Gadisov 2)Yazdani 3)Gazyumov 4) Tigiyev 5)Gogshelidze.. I can't believe this sh*t, there is no seeding for the wrestling brackets

Taghavi has Livian Lopez from Cuba first and then Yonemitsu from Japan !!! Yonemitsu is Taghavi's main rival for Gold, he beat him at the recent World Cup and their record against eachother is 2-2 .....

Wow this is crazy, I made a joke the other day on another forum saying " Can you imagine if Yazdani gets Gadisov and Taghavi get's Yonemitsu in the 1st round " .... now that this has practically happened I'm not laughing about it anymore..

tough.... but the situation of Taghavai and Yazdani is a lil bit different IMO. They both have experience and have been wrestling fantastic in the last years. Both are current World Champs in their weight category.
                  The draw is very tough but these guys have more experience under their belt than our wrestlers of today, who did great.

be more optimistic my friend ... the lads can do it

In worst case... khodam lokht misham miyam too goad bebinam kee ba man harif misheh?
                  Ma BAASTANI KO$HTY MIGIRIM!

Comment

The draw is everything

Comment

Originally posted by Iranian-Patriot View Post
                      There was actually 34seconds left when that happened. check minute 24:14
                      http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=2396
                      You are right actually, watching it live it seemed much much less (perhaps because 20 seconds of that time I was hitting on my desk and cursing ). In that case I do kind of see where te coach is coming from, 34 seconds is different than 10 seconds.

I must add that I have watched the replay more than 10 times on footballitarin, but I still can't conclude with certainty which athlete was out of the mat first. It's very very hard to tell!
                      Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

tough.... but the situation of Taghavai and Yazdani is a lil bit different IMO. They both have experience and have been wrestling fantastic in the last years. Both are current World Champs in their weight category.
                        The draw is very tough but these guys have more experience under their belt than our wrestlers of today, who did great.

In worst case... khodam lokht misham miyam too goad bebinam kee ba man harif misheh?
                        This is literally the worst draw we could of got .... Yazdani is usually a slow starter in tournaments but tomorrow he's going to have to get started very fast against Gadisov.. These 2 are our 2 medal favourites on our freestyle team but they are going to face their main rivals who they should be in the finals against very early tomorrow...

Ahhhh oh well they have to beat the best to become champion but still.. Yazdani's draw is so tough he may not even win a medal but let's see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

You know I am sick and tired of this B.S. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best whether in the first round or the last. To say that we have a tough draw is a typical Iranian excuse. Just go out there and give your best.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post
                            This is literally the worst draw we could of got .... Yazdani is usually a slow starter in tournaments but tomorrow he's going to have to get started very fast against Gadisov.. These 2 are our 2 medal favourites on our freestyle team but they are going to face their main rivals who they should be in the finals against very early tomorrow...

Ahhhh oh well they have to beat the best to become champion but still.. Yazdani's draw is so tough he may not even win a medal but let's see what happens tomorrow.

negaran nabash!
                            Yazdani o Taghavi az in harfa bishtaran.... I really can't wait seeing them wrestling. Classic Traditional Iranian Style Sonatee Wrestling right there.
                            SHIRAN

Comment

exactly.
                              how many medals can we still win?

Comment

I'm guessing we're way better in greco-roman than freestyle.

Comment

Working...
                                X