Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strongest Man (Salimi) vs Fastest Man (Bold) - an artile published in "USA Today"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strongest Man (Salimi) vs Fastest Man (Bold) - an artile published in "USA Today"!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...sti/56869972/1

"LONDON - This just in from the Olympics. The fastest men in the world are Jamaicans, and the strongest men in the world are Iranians.

Can there be any doubt? Jamaica takes the gold and silver in the 100-meter dash, and Iran does the same in the weightlifting division for the hefty guys. Maybe neither nation is high in the medal race, but they're the big cheeses when it comes to acquiring unofficial individual titles.

Which begs the question, how does the Fastest Man on Earth compare with the Strongest Man on Earth? Let's go to the tape.

Usain Bolt is a nightmare for fellow sprinters.

Behdad Salimikordasiabi is a nightmare for headline writers.

Bolt has been known as Lightning Bolt.

Salimikordasiabi goes by - thank heavens - Salimi.

With a winning time of 9.63, Bolt could outrun a cheetah.

With a winning lift of 544.5 pounds, Salimi could clean and jerk the entire American women's all-around gymnastics team.

Great sprinters aren't supposed to be 6-5 like Bolt, because it can hamper the start. Not that it has mattered.

Great weightlifters aren't supposed to be 6-6 like Salimi but rather short and squat like your average wrecking ball. Not that it has mattered.

Bolt weighs 205 pounds.

Salimi is listed at 370 pounds and could raise Bolt over his head with one arm.

Bolt wore bright colors for his race and reminded you of a green and yellow gazelle.

Salimi wore black for his competition and reminded you of a London taxi.

In Bolt's world, the biggest risk is a pulled hamstring.

One of Salimi's rivals dropped the bar on his head.

When Bolt won, it seemed as if half the world was watching.

When Salimi won, it seemed as if half of Iran was in the weightlifting venue.

In his biography, Bolt said he has trouble keeping a disciplined training regimen.

In his official Olympics bio, Salimi listed his daily workout schedule as an hour at 6:30 a.m., two more at 10 a.m. and at least three more hours at 4:30 p.m.

Bolt has dealt with back and Achilles tendon issues.

Salimi once won the Asian Games even while collapsing from the effects of swine flu.

Bolt took up sprinting in high school because his cricket coach saw that he could run fast.

Salimi took up weightlifting at the age of 12 because he looked in the mirror and decided he had the body type of his favorite weightlifter, Hossein Rezazadeh.

In Bolt's country, track is the Masters and Wimbledon and the World Cup.

In Salimi's country, weightlifting is the Super Bowl.

Bolt on his fans: "For me, crowd pleasing is a very important part of my races."

Salimi on his fans: "I send kisses to all of them."

Bolt turns 26 in two weeks, and is thinking about his legacy: "That's a first step for me. If I can (repeat again) in the 200 meters, then I'll consider myself a legend, so that's just one step in the door."

Salimi is 22 and thinking about his future: "Of course the money I receive will change my life, but not like other sports such as football. But with my increased popularity comes increased pressure, so I will have to train in order to prepare for that."

It'd be interesting to see Bolt put chalk on his hands and try the snatch.

But not as interesting as it'd be to see Salimi come out of the blocks."
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

^ lol what a great article. Thanks Amoo..

Comment

Thanks very interesting article
      sigpic

Comment

Thank you for sharing amo jan! Salimi will be a headliner for years to come.

Comment

great article and very witty

damesh garm

Comment

Lol funny article. Thank you for this

Comment

Thank you amoo jan.

I give the article 2/10.

Comment

Lol, very witty article

Comment

Thanks for the article. It was generally funny and well written. What I don't like however is how western media strings all of our athletes names together into one long ass Sri Lankan sounding name. For example the 9 Gag joke about Saeid Mohammadpour, where they wrote his name as Mohammadpourkarkaragh, or in this article they write Salimikordasiabi. If you gonna insist on writing all of their names, at least put a space in between!

Comment

Originally posted by Khashayar View Post
                    Thanks for the article. It was generally funny and well written. What I don't like however is how western media strings all of our athletes names together into one long ass Sri Lankan sounding name. For example the 9 Gag joke about Saeid Mohammadpour, where they wrote his name as Mohammadpourkarkaragh, or in this article they write Salimikordasiabi. If you gonna insist on writing all of their names, at least put a space in between!
                    Who cares what the West thinks of our names? Are we really that insecure?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
                      Don't we all care about how others view us? On a personal as well as a national level.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
                        its not about us caring what the west thinks..its about being treated with respect..

Comment

Working...
                        X