Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Comment

sigpic

Comment

how sweet would it be if arsenal beats man u. this season hahhaha and even win the league or something

i think podolski will be successful at arsenal

Comment

After doing some deep thinking realized the deal with Van Persie it was just something to make up for all the misery we had last year. I mean I was so excited about the signing yesterday but it still doesn't solve all our problems that we have in the club currently.

1) The non-development of Hernandez now
                  After that great first season he had I don't think Hernandez is anything more then a super
                  sub to be honest and doubt he will ever get to RVP or Rooney's level. Technically he's just not that good.

2) Becoming like City by buying the league
                  I hate to admit but the more I look at it we are just becoming another club that spends , but I guess nowadays the only way to compete with all these big power houses in Europe is to do the same thing. But nothing can be compared the oil money that City spends.

3) RVP is possibly too old / possibly crocked
                  Its a smart buy but not for long term. He will only have a couple of seasons in him. Arsenal had it in his prime.

4) Not a CM
                  Legitimate concern that has been going on for way too long and I'm surprised we still haven't fixed it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
                    After doing some deep thinking realized the deal with Van Persie it was just something to make up for all the misery we had last year. I mean I was so excited about the signing yesterday but it still doesn't solve all our problems that we have in the club currently.

1) The non-development of Hernandez now
                    After that great first season he had I don't think Hernandez is anything more then a super
                    sub to be honest and doubt he will ever get to RVP or Rooney's level. Technically he's just not that good.

2) Becoming like City by buying the league
                    I hate to admit but the more I look at it we are just becoming another club that spends , but I guess nowadays the only way to compete with all these big power houses in Europe is to do the same thing. But nothing can be compared the oil money that City spends.

3) RVP is possibly too old / possibly crocked
                    Its a smart buy but not for long term. He will only have a couple of seasons in him. Arsenal had it in his prime.

4) Not a CM
                    Legitimate concern that has been going on for way too long and I'm surprised we still haven't fixed it.
                    1- Still a development for Hernandez and Welbeck. They are 24 and 21, and have alot of years between them. To compete with major trophies, you need strength in depth and good number of strikers, with strikers like Welbeck,Hernandez,Rooney and RVP, it gives alot of attacking firepower. (I even forgot to mention Berba, but I can see him leaving).

2- If you've got the money, then you should spend it. I don't blame City for buying players, but you have to be smart and not buy any player for the sake of it. SAF buying RVP could be a smart move, but could also be a flop. Let's wait and see.

3- 29 years of age is not old. He has couple of years ATLEAST in him (if he stays fit). RVP was never known for his pace, so even at the age of 30+, he can be scoring goals, because it's his finishing and movement that makes him great. He was never known for his pace, so I don't think age is a huge issue. He has great control and can even take part in our set-pieces (corners/free-kicks/penalties), and there's no doubt in his ability.

4- I am worried about central midfield too, but with Cleverley and Anderson hopefully back, and Kagawa/Carrick/Scholes, I think we will JUST be fine, but I would've preferred us buying a central midfielder to be on the safe side. SAF said there's one more possible signing, let's pray it's a central midfielder or a full-back (only got one left-back this year).

back to RVP, When he's on the pitch he scores or creates opportunities. Since 2008, he leads the Prem in assists and I believe is in the top 2 in goals scored.. only Rooney has scored more. I'm sure every United fan was over the moon when the news happened.. his ability is for all to see.
                    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

its funny that people think 29 is old these days. Top players can play well until 35 and sometimes more and besides everything is short term anyways, u sign a player and he has a bout 2-3 years to show himself, then u get rid of him. People in their mid 30s are not like they're 50 they are still young and can run, why would form drop??

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                        its funny that people think 29 is old these days. Top players can play well until 35 and sometimes more and besides everything is short term anyways, u sign a player and he has a bout 2-3 years to show himself, then u get rid of him. People in their mid 30s are not like they're 50 they are still young and can run, why would form drop??
                        yeah thats true, but again they won't be able to sell him for anything really at the end of his contract, since by then he will be too old to play. if you spend 20 million on a young striker, if necessary he could be sold a few years later so not much is lost and maybe even they could gain from selling him.

and alot of it has to do with the player. some players can still perform at the same level when they get older, some can't. it depends on how they age and what they're style of play is. scholes, giggs, are two examples that have somehow managed to play at such a high level for such a long time. even giggs was known for his speed but he has had to change his style a bit and I don't think plays on the wings as much, and has a more central role.

Kinda like karimi, he's no longer able to non stop make crazy runs dribbling people left and right. He still has bursts of speed occasionally but its not the same as he was 5 years ago. however, he has been able to improve his passing game a lot and therefore can still contribute to teammelli and persepolise.

and then you have farhad majidi who somehow surpassed everyone's expectations and really i think played his best at 33/34.

also, alex song sold to barca today...done deal

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post
                          yeah thats true, but again they won't be able to sell him for anything really at the end of his contract, since by then he will be too old to play. if you spend 20 million on a young striker, if necessary he could be sold a few years later so not much is lost and maybe even they could gain from selling him.

and alot of it has to do with the player. some players can still perform at the same level when they get older, some can't. it depends on how they age and what they're style of play is. scholes, giggs, are two examples that have somehow managed to play at such a high level for such a long time. even giggs was known for his speed but he has had to change his style a bit and I don't think plays on the wings as much, and has a more central role.

Kinda like karimi, he's no longer able to non stop make crazy runs dribbling people left and right. He still has bursts of speed occasionally but its not the same as he was 5 years ago. however, he has been able to improve his passing game a lot and therefore can still contribute to teammelli and persepolise.

and then you have farhad majidi who somehow surpassed everyone's expectations and really i think played his best at 33/34.

also, alex song sold to barca today...done deal
                          thats the price u pay to win trophies. even if they couldnt sell him in 3 years as long as they get championships they will be ok with it

when people buy young in hopes of them becoming a messi usually fail and if the player is in top form, why would u sell him? if u sell him, means he didnt turn out how u wanted so u lose money anyways cuz no one will buy him for that price anymore.

Comment

What a game he had today wow

http://i.imgur.com/yK0ZK.gif
                            sigpic

Comment

What's most encouraging for me, isn't that he's scored so many goals so far. It's the type of goals that he has scored.

vs Fulham - just a quality volley

vs Southampton #1 - Great first touch, solid finish.

vs Southampton #2 - A classic poacher's goal.

vs Southampton #3 - Stunning header.

Not only is he scoring, but he's scoring a number of different types of goals which is really impressive.
                              I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

You're welcome united.

Comment

Working...
                                X