No announcement yet.

Paralympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow should be a good day for us, inshallah! We have 7-a-side football vs Argentina, Goalball and also volleyball :

http://www.london2012.com/paralympic...day/index.html
    sigpic

Comment

Looking foward to todays match!

Comment

also got archery in an hour,
        and powerlifting at 6 p.m -75kg (Ali Hosseini)

COME ON IRANNNNNNNNNNNNN
        I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

(Archery) Ebrahim Ranjbarkivaj lost his semi 6-5 , and had a chance to get bronze vs chinese taepei.. but lost 7-3.. unlucky to him.

Iran's goalboal beat Algeria 4-2 and remain top of the group.

Volleyball/Football 7aside at 2 oclock.

Ali Hosseini -75 kg powerlifting at 6 oclock.
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

http://www.africanseer.com/world/220...-ceremony.html

The Duchess of Cambridge was snubbed by an Iranian athlete who refused to shake her hand after she presented him with his discus silver medal on Sunday.

The Royal was warmly received on the podium by Team GB's gold medal winner Aled Davies and Chinese bronze medallist Lezheng Wang - but when it was Mehrdad Karam Zadeh's turn to step up, the 40-year-old failed to offer a hand to the Duchess, clutching them close to his chest.

His decision not to shake hands with the Duchess was likely to have been a result of Iranian cultural convention which bans such contact between unrelated men and women.

The snub threatened to overshadow a glittering night for Paralympics GB, which enjoyed its most successful day of the Games so far with seven gold medals.

The Iranian delegation in London have not been available to comment on the incident, but according to the Daily Telegraph, they have told Games organisers Zadeh was not making a political statement.

It's believed the athlete was merely conforming to Iranian cultural convention, forbidding men from shaking hands with unrelated women.

A spokesman for St. James's Palace has revealed the Duchess was briefed beforehand and warned not to offer her hand to Zadeh.

'Many male athletes from Islamic countries do not shake hands in public with women they are not related for cultural and religious reasons,' the palace representative said.

'The Duchess was informed in advance and was happy to accept his wishes. She considered it an honour to present the medals.'

The palace added Middleton was 'honoured' to get the chance to present the medals, particularly to a British champion in Davies.

It's not the first time the Iranian custom has caused controversy.

Last year the Iranian volleyball team had to apologise after several team members shook hands with a female referee after a game against Afghanistan.

The gesture provoked outrage and Iran’s state-owned media described the players' behaviour as 'stunning and inappropriate'.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Iran won 8-1 against Argentina

Comment

Gold #4 in powerlifting, Ali Hosseini

Comment

Comment

great atmostphere, i wish all pfdc members were here to cheer our paralympians.

Me and SyedHamed Solhipour (whos competing tomorrow in the -90kg)

Me and Siamand Rahman (whos competing wednesday for the 100+kg)

Me and the Gold Medalist for -60 kg Nader Moradi

I gave my Iran flag to Siamand Rahman, and wished him the best of luck. He is confident of getting Gold..
                    Tomorrow we have few players featuring in the athletics, I expect few medals.

Also, went to the volleyball game vs Brazil, comfortable routine victory. Tomorrow playing vs Bosnia (Runner-up in 2008)..

I love how all our athletes come to support each other. For example, for today's Ali Hosseini's game, Siamand,Nader and few others came to cheer up. Love the team spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                      great atmostphere, i wish all pfdc members were here to cheer our paralympians.

Me and SyedHamed Solhipour (whos competing tomorrow in the -90kg)

Me and Siamand Rahman (whos competing wednesday for the 100+kg)

Me and the Gold Medalist for -60 kg Nader Moradi

I gave my Iran flag to Siamand Rahman, and wished him the best of luck. He is confident of getting Gold..
                      Tomorrow we have few players featuring in the athletics, I expect few medals.

Also, went to the volleyball game vs Brazil, comfortable routine victory. Tomorrow playing vs Bosnia (Runner-up in 2008)..

I love how all our athletes come to support each other. For example, for today's Ali Hosseini's game, Siamand,Nader and few others came to cheer up. Love the team spirit.
                      must be a cool experience, they need the support of the iranians the most.

well done Hussain.
                      Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

1426216_M01.jpg

Wow!
                        maa bachehaaye iroonim
                        hamishe irooni mimoonim
                        baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                        baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

was so happy for him.

3 lifts, 3 white lights in each..

IMPRESSSIVE

Comment

Don't know if this has been posted but follow the channel and you will find videos from the games!
                            maa bachehaaye iroonim
                            hamishe irooni mimoonim
                            baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                            baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

Here are the higlights of the 7-a-side game:

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=2573
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm so proud of our beautiful para-Olympic athletes. They make the nation of Iran and its people proud. Their courage, determination, and passion are admirable. They are the true heroes!

Comment

Working...
                                X