Transfer deadline day Updates / Del Piero agrees to join Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer deadline day Updates / Del Piero agrees to join Sydney

Italian superstar Alessandro Del Piero will join Sydney FC after agreeing to finalise details on a contract with the A-League club.
    Sydney officials in talks with Del Piero throughout the week say they have secured the 37-year-old striker's signature ahead of Swiss club Sion and Scottish giants Celtic.

The club's chief executive officer, Tony Pignata, will travel to Italy over the weekend to complete the signing.

"This is huge for Sydney FC, huge for the A-League and huge for Australian football," Sydney chairman Scott Barlow said.

"We feel honoured that Alessandro has decided to play for Sydney FC and we share his excitement that a move to Sydney FC will create a lasting legacy for football in this country.

"I want to thank Tony Pignata and Lou Sticca for the outstanding work over the last few days in progressing discussions with Alessandro and look forward to Tony finalising the contract in Italy over the coming days."

Del Piero had been linked with teams in the USA, China and the Middle East since finishing his career with Juventus in May.

Sydney will open their A-League season away to Wellington Phoenix on October 6.
    sigpic

•Afellay to schalke one year loan
    •Van der Vaart moves to Hamburg
    •Stoke complete Adam signing
    •Dempsey turns down move to Aston Villa
    • Berbatov joins Fulham on two-year deal
    • Granero joins QPR with Mbia on his way for a club medical
    • Charlie Adam joins Stoke on a four-year deal
    • Nigel de Jong joins AC Milan from Man CIty
    sigpic

Comment

•luca toni to fiorentina
      •Juventus sign Nicklas Bendtner from Arsenal on a season-long loan
      •Santa Cruz to Malaga
      •Malaga sign Javier Saviola
      •Alberto Gilardino has joined Bologna from Genoa
      •Genoa have signed Marco Borriello as a replacement
      sigpic

Comment

Real Madrid pursue Essien loan from Chelsea
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks i was looking for a place that had it all together

im gonna miss del piero Juve management really screwed up....for every good signing they do 2 bad signings...i was happy to get asamoah, isla and giovinco but some bad business with bendtner...all 4 of our strikers are better than him and the fact that we didnt sign del piero back just to waste it last min. on an arsenal reject is just crazy.

im surprised at city buying maicon, he's 31 and not really what he used to be

Comment

dude most importantly u missed ASHKAN DEJAGAH to fulham

Comment

Zenit St Petersburg sign Hulk from Porto on a five-year deal for a fee reported to be in the region of €50 million, according to the Russian club's website.

Paris Saint-Germain sign Van der Wiel from Ajax

Lassana Diarra joins Anzhi on four-year deal
              sigpic

Comment

wow i thought hulk would get picked up by a big club...i guess he's just following the money

Comment

Re: Transfer deadline day Updates / Del Piero agrees to join Sydney

Also Axel Witsel from Benfica to Zenit for 45milion euros! I don't like that the money is in Russia nowadays..

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                  CITY

Comment

Stoke City have confirmed the signing of Michael Owen on a one-year contract.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin K View Post
                      Also Axel Witsel from Benfica to Zenit for 45milion euros! I don't like that the money is in Russia nowadays..
                      yup! those russians and their mafia and money laundering they got all the money in the world to spend. But they wont get anywhere unless they upgrade their entire league with good players...having 2-3 expensive players isnt gonna get them anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                        dude most importantly u missed ASHKAN DEJAGAH to fulham

Comment

Wow! Van Der Vaart went back to Hamburg? If only Mahdavikia was there as well

Sigh.. Oh the memories..

Comment

Working...
                          X