Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronaldo is going through some tough times

Cristiano Ronaldo is sad.

So bereft is the Real Madrid hitman that he declined to celebrate scoring two goals this weekend – his 149th and 150th in a white jersey, no less – because of this heavy heart.

Not the sadness that comes, say, from a lack of money. No, no – not that at all, he clarified on his Twitter account. “I am accused of wanting more money, but one day it will be shown that this is not the case,” he tweeted. This instead is an existential sadness that he says is for “professional” reasons.

Wouldn’t you know that this “sadness” was swiftly echoed by the man’s agent – a man who chimed in for reasons that have nothing to do with money? Jorge Mendes, who makes his living making deals for Cristiano Ronaldo, helpfully posted a statement on his website saying that he knew the reason for Ronaldo’s ennui – but would graciously leave it to the Portuguese star to reveal it to the world, himself. Of course.

“Grief dwells like a prisoner in a subterranean dungeon,” wrote Soren Kierkegaard, a man who knew both about sadness and existentialism. What would the great Dane make of the kind of sadness of the professional footballer? Where is the love for a man so handsome and so handsomely compensated?

This is an intriguing question. Fame is and fortune are by no means a tonic for life. Soccer players suffer from depression and anxiety as the rest of us do. And yet, the fact of the matter is that Cristiano Ronaldo keeps coming in second.

He’s not the European player of the year — that went to Andres Iniesta — and he’s not even second-best. You will be as horrified as he to discover that he tied for second with his nemesis, Lionel Messi.

Ronaldo’s pay, an estimated $37 million-a-year — is a great deal more than mine, but I will concede that here too, he comes second-best. Wouldn’t you know it, that Messi guy comes ahead of him again as well as a certain underwear model who doesn’t even play for Real Madrid any more.

I know those of you eating your box lunches and working your third jobs might be wondering what a man whose net worth is $160 million might be complaining about. Yes, his jersey sales are tops across the world, and yes, he’s one of the best players ever in the game – but is that really enough?
    http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/l...la-liga-090512
    sigpic

Useless speaking about this topic since we actually don't now why he is sad... And I know that most of the people out there hate him so it's easy to just mention that he has a big ego and it's all about the money but I doubt it since he has been the best player at Real Madrid for a while now and if he actually thinks he should get more money then I agree but he said recently on twitter and his facebook that it's not about the money and also his agent was surprised Ronaldo was sad... well, I think his agent should know if it was about money since the agent is the one who should take care of that matter? + I think the money in football is sick how much they get but I think Messi and Ronaldo deserve to get the most money in football but they don't....

1346777676_extras_portada_1.jpg
    maa bachehaaye iroonim
    hamishe irooni mimoonim
    baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
    baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

when I grow up I wanna be just like him, Good Looking, Great Socer Player, a person with self-importance, ego and RICH.

"FIRE all those homeless looking managers", and hire the "PRAOLYMPIC" champions. They know how to win.

IRIB = Idiots Running Iranian Broadcasting.

Comment

Why do they have to make it public?

Comment

Akhey cheghad delam sookht... not
          Looks like he had a 200 million Euro offer
          http://www.givemefootball.com/premie...XypUp4BMRq#_=_
          Last edited by dokhtar92irooni; 09-07-2012, 08:13 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X