Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLS tried to make Didier Drogba its highest paid player ever, couldn’t match Chinese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLS tried to make Didier Drogba its highest paid player ever, couldn’t match Chinese

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soc...8090--sow.html

Just goes to show how much money is being spent on these footballers all around the world
    sigpic

go to the red bulls
    henry and drogba
    two of the greatest strikers in the premier league teaming up togehter

Comment

Even though Drogba is still a quality player, he's on the decline. I know the MLS are trying to sign big stars to attract more fans. But this is detrimental to their league as they should be investing more on youth to increase the level of competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
        Even though Drogba is still a quality player, he's on the decline. I know the MLS are trying to sign big stars to attract more fans. But this is detrimental to their league as they should be investing more on youth to increase the level of competition.
        a 40 year old drogba would still have more skill than any MLS striker
        he still has it, he performed amazing in the champions league....
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I agree with you, KK jan. But instead of giving out millions to a 40 year old player, MLS can invest more on youths in and outside of the country.

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
          a 40 year old drogba would still have more skill than any MLS striker
          he still has it, he performed amazing in the champions league....

Comment

Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba insists he is fully committed to Shanghai Shenhua in the face of mounting speculation surrounding his future.
            Recent rumours have claimed the 34-year-old and former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka have been caught up in a boardroom dispute over wages at Shanghai in the past few weeks, ultimately sparking speculation over the duo's future.

Drogba was linked with a shock move to Liverpool as well as La Liga giants Real Madrid during the transfer window, but remains with the Chinese Super League club.

The former Chelsea striker said he would remain in China in order to maintain his fitness ahead of his country's Africa Cup of Nations campaign.

When asked to discuss his first few games with Shanghai Shenhua, Drogba told L'Equipe: "My start has generated good and bad reviews but I've always taken on my choices.

"For the 2013 African Cup of Nations, I will do everything to remain competitive by being in China. Do not worry."
            sigpic

Comment

khak to sareh didier dogbark

Comment

1st - ba sepas 2 dokhmal 4 this thread.

2nd - there is enough money by the would be investors in the MLS, so if the league really wanted 2, they could bring in a few more big name international superstars, even if they've gone past their peak!

in america, its all about mega starts attracting big time corporate sponsorship ... its names like beckham, henry, marquez, angel, and now maybe drogba that pull in the big bucks in advertising, not 2 mention fill the stands!! ... but i also agree that if the league were 2 play it real smart, and with their longevity and long term viability in mind, they'd also invest in the youth programs (that 2 a lesser degree, they already do).

oh, and 1 last thing ... when an american professional team really wants some big name, they usually get 'em ... sooner or later the lure of not only the mighty dollar will draw them, but also the big market limelight

most recent case in point ... the signing of klinsmann as the USMNT coach after a 2-3 yr. courtship
                Let wisdom reign
                Asho Zartosht

You must be the change you wish to see in the world
                Mahatma Gandhi

Learn from yesterday, live in the present, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to never stop questioning
                Albert Einstein

A wise man makes his own decisions ... an ignorant just follows others
                Dallai lama

Comment

^sepas gozaram
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by radin119 View Post
                    go to the red bulls
                    henry and drogba
                    two of the greatest strikers in the premier league teaming up togehter
                    Yeah, imagine that. If there would just even be an ounce of chemistry between the two of them, New York would be a powerhouse in the MLS.

Comment

Working...
                    X