Arsalan Kazemi set to leave the Rice Owls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsalan Kazemi set to leave the Rice Owls

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/20215508/rice-star-arsalan-kazemi-to-transfer-has-six-schools-in-mind

H
    e wants to transfer, texas is the only good academic school there

i think he should look at pac 12 teams too, not as much pressure as these bigger teams

come to unlv!!! better conference in the mountain west than the pac 12 as far as quality of the top teams (unlv, san diego state, new mexico, colorado state) and still a small school vibe.

Comment

Didnt know it was that easy to just leave. Especially in ur last year. Wherever he goes i hope he gets lots of playing time. I know he can make nba draft

Comment

Had dinner with him last night. Didn't wanna say anything until he made it official. But i say this, He would DEFINITELY be a bruin by now if they had his major (((( you can imagine how disappointed I am. If he had gone to ucla he had to sit out a year.
        Until last night he had one school clearly on top of all others. Again I don't think it is my place to say where since he can easily change his mind and I don't wanna betray his trust. He is a much better person than he is a basketball player once you get to know him. I wish nothing but best for him. Hopefully we will know within the next 48 hours. I told him since he has only one year left he needs to look at this as a job and go where he can showcase his talents the best possible way. He has a very good head on his shoulders. Hope he makes the right choice (for him)
        ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
        Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
        Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
        midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
        forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
        Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

damn if he went to ucla with shabazz theyd be for sure contenders AT LEAST for a sweet 16/elite 8. it should be an interesting 48 hours...

Comment

Even without Arsalan a shabbz led ucla would easily be a final 4 team. Ak would have been icing on the cake. The problem is shabbaz at ucla is very iffy right now. Word is that his dad got money. I am hoping not. Btw, arsalans roommate Omar transferred to USC. If ak had gone to to ucla it would have been a nice storyline!
            midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
            Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

doesnt he have to sit out a year if he transfers?
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

He normally has to but in this case he was granted a waiver by the University.

Comment

I believe CAL, Stanford, St. Mary's, or San Diego St. would be a great option for him! He has great upside and should be a 1st round selection for next year's NBA draft.

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                    He normally has to but in this case he was granted a waiver by the University.
                    i thought under no condition a player can transferee and play in the same season?!?
                    IRI = FAILED

Comment

^ same here. i cant recall a transfer ever playing a season when they just transfered
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

every case is different. In THIS case it was possible. Lets move on guys daleelesh mohem nist. mohem ineh keh shod!

by the way one of you said he should should go to cal, stanford, etc... If it was anywhere he would have gone to UCLA 100%. Trust me when I say there was not even any doubt. He needs to be somewhere where they have his major so he can finish in one year and not be forced to sit out hence the 6 schools he listed.

Comment

Still no news on where he AK will end up?? come on bruin,leak it out!! We're desperate!

Comment

A move to a team in the ACC would be sweet...hopefully he can go to a school where he will be more recognized
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

I think itll be oregon since their classes have yet to start

Comment

Working...
                              X