Arsalan Kazemi set to leave the Rice Owls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon- Nebraska on right now

the link i have is still showing another game until its done....anyone got other links?

Comment

6 min. in and arsalan already got 2 steals and 4 rebs, 1 assist

Comment

10/17/2/4
        ETA: Yes, he got his double double, he got a def rebound and made a lay up to get his own
        Last edited by Masoud_A; 12-15-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Sweet game again. This guy is so smart. Leads the conference and prob the whole NCAA in steals!

10pts 17 rebs 4 steals 2 assist

His team is 9-1 i hope they can make sweet 16

Only wish arsalan had some type of shooting game. He takes no jump shots. Only one i saw him take was an airball

Comment

^^he is actually 3rd in steal in NCAA and 20th in rebound.
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

lmfao how is a PF third in steals

Comment

they lost yesterday against texas...only their 2nd loss

arsalan played 49 min (most min. of all his team) 13 points, 16 rebs, 1 steal, 3 fouls, 1 turnover

anyone got highlights? he did attempt a 3 he missed though lol

Comment

Oregon lost to UTEP (formerly texas western) in double overtime. I saw highlights on sportscenter last night and unfortunately cant find them online. UTEP is coached by Tim Floyd (former usc and chicago bulls coach). Tough place to play. This does ruin any chance of oregon making top 25 for the next couple weeks

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
                    Oregon lost to UTEP (formerly texas western) in double overtime. I saw highlights on sportscenter last night and unfortunately cant find them online. UTEP is coached by Tim Floyd (former usc and chicago bulls coach). Tough place to play. This does ruin any chance of oregon making top 25 for the next couple weeks
                    Does it? How does it all work? I know i asked this before but what does it take for them to make march madness

Comment

Arsalan is no longer in the top 5 steal category. He only had 1 steal in last game. This season is tough as there are many players that are rebounding more and stealing more than arsalan. IMO he needs to dominate this two category in order to catch the attention of the nba scouts.
                      IRI = FAILED

Comment

Guys I've already mentioned this before but don't you guys think if he reaches to the NBA he will be to small for a power forward ? He will need to start working on his ball control and handle to be able to play as a Small forward at least
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                          Does it? How does it all work? I know i asked this before but what does it take for them to make march madness
                          There are a couple ways to make it. If march madness were to begin today, oregon would definitely make it.

One way to get in is win your conference title. If you do not, there are 37 teams that are "at large bids". The commitee looks at ranking of the team,their conference strengh, and strength of schedule to make their decision. In my opinion oregon should be at least in the top four or five (if arizona stays in the top ten) teams in the pac 12 to make it in.

Comment

I watched the game and unfortunately for Arsalan though he posted great numbers in rebounds and points (16 and 13 respectively) again he pretty much cost Oregon this game at the end of regulation as he missed 2 important FT's down the wire. His overall FT shooting was really miserable (7/15) and i think there were 2 reasons for such an awful stat.. He then missed 4 more Ft's in the 3 overtimes.

1. He was shooting pretty average from the line in his first attempts(5/7) until the end of the game and then he started a really bad 2/8 stretch from the charity line in the last minute of regulation time and the triple over times he played. He had played for like 25 consecutive minutes prior to that stretch that he started to shoot the FT's that bad so it has to do something with fatigue for sure,he is no LBJ! :d

2. AK is naturally an unclutch player if you ask me and he has shown that throughout his career even at Rice, he really doesn't make great plays at the end of close games whether it's Free throw shooting or other offensive plays though he is still is a monster on the glass.

Regarding his stats and the quotes that some say he should be racking up numbers in the top 5 nationally i don't think that's a big point of emphasize when it comes to Draft scouts. Right now he is #9 in rebounds and #6 in steals in the nation that is really great stat-wise but still he is not mentioned in mock drafts for 2013 yet,even as a second rounder. If you're asking why he was projected to be #40 for 2011 or even in the 50's in 2012 that is because when it comes to drafting age really matters(because of the development of a player's game in the coming years). So between a Senior and a Freshman with a similar style of play and ability the Freshman will be ranked much higher come draft time.

About the NCAA tournament and how a team gets there, one way is to win the conference tournament (not the conference league) that is played early March for every conference(except the Ivy league) and is a single-elimination kind of tourney. This rout is pretty difficult given the teams that are playing in the PAC-12 like Arizona,Colorado and UCLA. Other than that the selection committee picks 31 teams other than the 37 who have one their conference tournaments depending on their Strength of Schedule(SOS) and wins against higher ranked opponents and also how their whole conference has done in non-conference games which are played in November and December(right now teams are playing Non-Conference games for example). Conference games start from the beginning of January. Right now if you ask me Oregon would be playing in the NCAA Tournament as a 11th or 12th seed, but still there is plenty of games left till the end of the season.

About AK attempting a 3 pointer ,yeah he stole an in-bounded pass with 2.2 secs remaining in the 2nd OT and threw up a shot from near mid-court that was really close to go in as he just barely missed it to hit the front of the rim!!

Comment

They won by a large margin today so arsalan didnt have to play much. What sucks about games like this is it messes up his stats average

16 min 4 points 6 rebs 5 assist 2 steals

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                                They won by a large margin today so arsalan didnt have to play much. What sucks about games like this is it messes up his stats average

16 min 4 points 6 rebs 5 assist 2 steals
                                Dont worry. Nba scouts measure per 40 minutes. At least good ones do.

Comment

Working...
                                X