Arsalan Kazemi set to leave the Rice Owls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
    Guys I've already mentioned this before but don't you guys think if he reaches to the NBA he will be to small for a power forward ? He will need to start working on his ball control and handle to be able to play as a Small forward at least
    well he's 6'8'' and NBA players are smaller these days...power forwards used to be in the range of 6'9'' - 6'11'' but now days thats more like centers and then some power forwards are 6'7'' or 6'8'' but they usually have size. Arsalan is a decent size, he's not huge and he's not skinny. He can do it, depends on the team and the style of play and the coach...but there are players like him. If scouts watch him which im sure they do, nba scouts follow alot of the teams and players...and he's a smart player, which is what they want. Alot of players can shine in college but i can look at them and know they cant do the same in NBA...arsalan can maximize his steals, assists and rebounds, for sure someone can use him. He just has to be more aggressive in attacking the basket and show more of his ball handling skills at times so the scouts realize he's not some slow big guy, he can actually be pretty quick. I have hopes for him, he just needs to continue to do good and if oregon keeps winning most of their games, he will get looks and then again there is still nba summer league where he can go show case himself there if he doesnt get drafted. His international experience and the good game he had against US in the world cup is a good boost for him too...he actually played the US under 19 team as well before joining the senior national team...he did good in that game too

Comment

His team won yesterday but arsalan left the game w an injury :-(
      Hopefully its nothing....in those 13 min he had 2 pts 1 assist and 6 rebs

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
        His team won yesterday but arsalan left the game w an injury :-(
        Hopefully its nothing....in those 13 min he had 2 pts 1 assist and 6 rebs
        He caught an elbow from his teammate Carlos Emory and it looked really bad in the first look. He didn't play the second half because of concussion symptoms so AK ended up with those stats. But the important stat is he had 4 TO's in those minutes which is really bad and whenever they were pressing Arsalan he failed to make a good pass. Also Kazemi hasn't yet started to look for his offense,more of a team guy sharing the ball. This was their last non-onference game and Oregon start conference play on November 6th against Oregon state on the road. From now on the games really matter...

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
          Guys I've already mentioned this before but don't you guys think if he reaches to the NBA he will be to small for a power forward ? He will need to start working on his ball control and handle to be able to play as a Small forward at least
          thats one option or he'll need to bulk up so he wont get pushed around.

i think for him its smarter to work on getting bigger. you could compare michael beasely to him, he was on the border of a SF and PF and ultimately didnt get any bigger when he got into the league and IMO that played a huge role in him being a dissapointment. that happens sometimes with college players, they come into the league acting as if they dont need to physically improve and then they get ****ed.

im not worried about arsalan though, he seems to be a smart dude. im sure he'll set a goal for himself and strive to do his best to achieve it, be it to develop more as a SF or a PF
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

he needs a better outside shot for his small forward game, and needs to bulk up and learn the post a little better in his power forward game.

Comment

he had a great game other day against Oregon State.....well not his usual great game but 2nd half he did some huge things and had 2 nice dunks!

here is one...there was one before this even better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bmNV...ature=youtu.be

Comment

oregon vs undefeated arizona tmrw as confrence play is starting live on ESPN2 at 9 eastern/6 pacific

Comment

One of the most important games for his career!
                  bunch of NBA scouts will be there tonight and the UCLA game next week

Comment

^^ so far he is having an off game!! Still 2 min to go in first half
                    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Bill walton of espn keeps praising kazemi

Comment

^^btw I am not watching the game, just following the stats on the internet
                        IRI = FAILED

Comment

According to the stats he did not start the game. Half time, Organ leads by 11 pts. AK 4 pt, 4 reb, 1 asst, 1 steal
                          IRI = FAILED

Comment

yeah stats dont show much
                            but he had this one nice move to a layup

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                              ^^btw I am not watching the game, just following the stats on the internet
                              Oh u are right. He isnt having a good game according to stats. I was just mention the announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by radin119 View Post
                                yeah stats dont show much
                                but he had this one nice move to a layup
                                Yeah that cut to the basket was superb

Comment

Working...
                                X