X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Pathetic

LOL france makes a statue of zidane's headbutt

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/w...terazzi-092612

i mean really?? is this the highlight of this man's career? of all the things he did you wanna glorify this emotional act that cost them the world cup?
    not only that what kind of role model would that be for kids?

i think this is pretty childish. Zidane had many great moments with juve, real, france NT and to pick this as a significant part of his career is just too funny.

I know a lot of Italians where I live, they immediately start saying 4-letter words and obscene references to his mother, as soon as they hear Zidane's name! Their issues surely go farther back than 2006, to the European Cup 2000 and other events during his career as a French footballer.

sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

u know that was his arab blood that made him do that

Comment

I was watching that final on the large screen in the main street of Little Italy, San Diego. The crowd were all speaking Italian and mostly saying 4-letter words anytime Zidane touched the ball. Also the sun was scorching hot and there was not nearly enough shade in the area, so I came home to catch the extra time on my TV. Once Italy won, they were partying for 72 hours! I was a fan of Germany so I really did not have a dog in that fight, and was just trying to see what would happen. Although I think the game time PK given to Zidane was a little too soft and unjustified and the Italian team really deserved a WC win after having kicked out the hosts from the final game. Ekbatan, I am not sure if you noticed this, but the Italians are often race conscious people and they don't like muslims or colored people. I found the same kind of segregationist attitude in the Brazilians of Italian decent... They don't mingle as much with the other Brazilians.
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
          I was watching that final on the large screen in the main street of Little Italy, San Diego. The crowd were all speaking Italian and mostly saying 4-letter words anytime Zidane touched the ball. Also the sun was scorching hot and there was not nearly enough shade in the area, so I came home to catch the extra time on my TV. Once Italy won, they were partying for 72 hours! I was a fan of Germany so I really did not have a dog in that fight, and was just trying to see what would happen. Although I think the game time PK given to Zidane was a little too soft and unjustified and the Italian team really deserved a WC win after having kicked out the hosts from the final game. Ekbatan, I am not sure if you noticed this, but the Italians are often race conscious people and they don't like muslims or colored people. I found the same kind of segregationist attitude in the Brazilians of Italian decent... They don't mingle as much with the other Brazilians.
          yea that penalty was pure bs especially for such a sensitive game and so early in the game, it was like min. 3
          in any case, yes i actually dont like most italians but i have met some very very cool ones as well... i have maybe 2 good italian friends and i think the rest are dicks or just wack. But its like any other race, if anything i have we have more @ hole iranians than any other race prob. I found it especially in US people who wanna keep it close to their culture end up that way too, they kinda hang around their own kind and who doesnt hate a middle eastern these days? hell we hate middle easterners ourselves. lol

Comment

Working...
          X