No announcement yet.

Best midfielders ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It always depends of the style of the team and for what purpose you will use the midfielder for. Because a defensive midfielder could be as good as a overall midfielder it will only depends if he will be suited to the style of the team.

Now let me ask you guys this...

If you would have to rate these players by their accomplishments would your list be still the same ? I mean I am huge Man united fan and to me Paul Scholes is just a legend that I will put over everyone personally but I won't be ignorant either and say he is the best because there is so many good midfielders .

For example would you say Iniesta is better than Zidane ? Both won the world cup .. Iniesta won Champions league twice .. Zidane once .. La liga titles 5 to 1 ..
    I mean Zidane is a legend and I'm a big fan of his and I will never argue to that but if you think about it Iniesta is on the same verge of career , the way this guy plays is just amazing nobody could take the ball away from him.

Btw. I was checking this the other way I completely forgot that Clarence Sedorf has 4 CL titles wow lol
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
      It always depends of the style of the team and for what purpose you will use the midfielder for. Because a defensive midfielder could be as good as a overall midfielder it will only depends if he will be suited to the style of the team.

If you would have to rate these players by their accomplishments would your list be still the same ? I mean I am huge Man united fan and to me Paul Scholes is just a legend that I will put over everyone personally but I won't be ignorant either and say he is the best because there is so many good midfielders .

For example would you say Iniesta is better than Zidane ? Both won the world cup .. Iniesta won Champions league twice .. Zidane once .. La liga titles 5 to 1 ..
      I mean Zidane is a legend and I'm a big fan of his and I will never argue to that but if you think about it Iniesta is on the same verge of career , the way this guy plays is just amazing nobody could take the ball away from him.

Btw. I was checking this the other way I completely forgot that Clarence Sedorf has 4 CL titles wow lol
      Seedorf has to be one of the most gardan koloft and strong players to ever touch the game.
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
        Seedorf has to be one of the most gardan koloft and strong players to ever touch the game.
        Dont forget Edgar Davids "The Pitbull"!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ario Barzan View Post
          xavi
          iniesta
          ozil
          gerrard
          pirlo = our karimi
          xabi alonso = our ando
          this made me laugh
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post

That is absolutely the wrong way of judging players. Accomplishments are TEAM based and we're talking about individuals. Just cuz someone doesnt play for a real madrid or barcelona doesnt mean they are not good players. Look at players like totti and de rossi...they stayed loyal to their teams and havent won much other than world cup and some coppa italias but they are still quality as others. same can be said about david villa who was at valencia til nearly 30 yrs old before going to barca

age is another thing...players like zidane, scholes are easier to judge cuz their careers have passed and other younger players still have some more years to prove themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Ario Barzan View Post
              xavi
              iniesta
              ozil
              gerrard
              pirlo = our karimi
              xabi alonso = our ando
              on the contrary, ando plays more a style similar to khedira.. lots of tackling and 90 min running. more destructive than game build up.. alonso is less destructive and more play build up.
              Originally posted by siavasharian
              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

1 pirlo
                2 xavi
                3 iniesta

speaking on different types of midfielders, you may not agree but ill tell you the truth, Milan doesnt win 2 champions league trophies in 03& 07 and italy doesnt win a world cup in 06 if gennaro gattuso isnt there backing up pirlo.. ask pboy c ronaldo how he liked it when gattuso marked him
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

maa bachehaaye iroonim
                  hamishe irooni mimoonim
                  baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                  baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

xabi alonso should not be on that list

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                      Scholes was one of the best midfielders in his prime, but I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Xavi and Iniesta now..

5 midfielders in no order:

Xavi
                      Xabi Alonso
                      Iniesta
                      Ozil
                      Pirlo

other midfielders I rate are lampard and sneijder because of their assists/goals.
                      Those would be my exact 5 but I would put Yaya Toure instead of Xabi Alonso for now.

Comment

Best midfielders ?

In no order, 3 best are
                        Scholes
                        Pirlo
                        Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                          xabi alonso should not be on that list
                          totally...
                          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

mathaeus
                            platini
                            scholes
                            giggs
                            nedved
                            ballack
                            gerrard
                            pirlo
                            figo
                            seedorf
                            michael laudrup
                            iniesta
                            xavi

players who can be considered or have played as midfielders:
                            zidane
                            maradona
                            cristian ronaldo
                            rivaldo
                            ronaldinho
                            javier zanetti
                            totti
                            Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 10-12-2012, 12:50 AM.
                            ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                              Christian Noboa
                              Rahid Amirguliyev
                              Mika Ojala
                              Joel Obi
                              Marco Reus

I fully agree.
                              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
                                mathaeus
                                platini
                                scholes
                                giggs
                                nedved
                                ballack
                                gerrard
                                pirlo
                                figo
                                seedorf
                                michael laudrup
                                iniesta
                                xavi

players who can be considered or have played as midfielders:
                                zidane
                                maradona
                                cristian ronaldo
                                rivaldo
                                ronaldinho
                                javier zanetti
                                totti

i thought we were talking about current ones and whos best at the moment. if it was overall my list would be entirely different

Comment

Working...
                                X