LOL at AFC and UAE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL at AFC and UAE

I wonder if they will ever be able to shake off this nickname. I wonder who had done the wiki entry?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/asian-s...4915--sow.html

Asian soccer's governing body has apologized for referring to the United Arab Emirates national team as the ''Sand Monkeys.''

The comment came in an article on the Asian Football Confederation website and set off a wave of criticism in the Persian Gulf country.

The AFC called it a ''genuine mistake'' inserted by a new writer who saw ''Sand Monkeys'' wrongly listed as the team's nickname on its Wikipedia page. The team's actual nickname is Al Abyad, or The White, and the Wikipedia page has been corrected.

The UAE Football Association's Yousuf Abdulla demanded an apology. He called the wording an ''unfortunate affair'' that ''revealed some racist acts by some AFC officials.''

The AFC said Monday it wanted to ''apologize for any hurt this might have caused'' to soccer officials and fans in the UAE.

Here is the original article: http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournament...tious-approach although obviously now revised.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Question is, which one of YOU guys changed it?

I'm positive it was one of PFDC

Comment

Originally posted by soniq View Post
      Question is, which one of YOU guys changed it?

I'm positive it was one of PFDC
      How do we know it wasn't you?
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

The truth hurts

Comment

I can't help but laugh.

Comment

I wonder if pretty soon in their articles the AFC will refer to the saudies as the 8-0ers.

Comment

Iranian Internet Mafia at its best

Comment

Holy shit this is amazing. Man LOL !! This will for sure stick with PFDC members that's for sure
                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Loooooooooooooooool

Comment

Seriously did the AFC person doing the article not have any brains to realize the term "Sand Monkeys" isn't the team's official nickname?

Comment

How disrespectful. We all know they are called the grass roller

Comment

^ amen to that!
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Comment

This is so funny, I am still laughing my ass off.

Comment

Sand Monkeys 6 - 2 Bahrain friendly
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X