No announcement yet.

2016 Copa America to be held in U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The America's should always compete together under one confederation.

Comment

This news on the US possibly withdrawing isn't a surprise to me.

First of all, isn't it weird that CONMEBOL hardly ever invites the US to the Copa America, but they invite Mexico and teams like Japan or China? It feels like the US declines the invitations, but I have yet to see proof of that.

If the US stands a chance in this Super Copa America, they have to fire Klinsmann and send their MLS stars to Europe ASAP. MLS has to do a fire sale.

I mean look.... Mexico had 4 players feature in the Champions league yesterday.... how many did the US have? None.... and about 3 years ago it used to be the opposite way, until MLS screwed everything up and took those players back where they face zero competition for their spots on dinky MLS teams.

We all know how important it is to be playing in Europe. Look at how hopeful we are for our best players to play there. The USSF needs to have that mentality in order to succeed. They used to, but it was lost when MLS started monopolizing soccer in the US. MLS needs promotion/regulation, all purchasing needs to go through the clubs only, not the league, and all USMNT stars need to go to or go back to Europe until they are 34 (Bradley, Jones, Dempsey, Gonzales, Besler, Nyguen, Feilhaber, Diskerund etc.)
      "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Working...
      X