Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mano Menezes sacked as Brazil coach

http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/braz...s-brazil-coach

This guy was a very bad coach. He couldnt win the Olympia with a great squad!

Ohh God please let this happen for our TM-Choach too!
    sigpic

Guardiola linked to vacant Brazil post

Pep Guardiola has been linked to a shock return to management with the Brazil national side.

The former Barcelona boss is currently on a sabbatical after leaving the Camp Nou at the end of last season, although he is coveted by a host of top club sides across Europe, including Chelsea.

Mano Menezes was dismissed from his role as Selecao coach on Friday, and Brazilian newspaper Lance claims a source close to Guardiola said he would "take the job tomorrow" if offered.

Lance's editor held a conversation with the contact who also backed Brazil to win the World Cup on home soil under the charge of Guardiola.

"The only team in the world that he would start coaching tomorrow is the Selecao. And he would be world champion with Brazil," the source is quoted as saying.

Meanwhile Santos coach Muricy Ramalho, who declined to interview for the role in 2010 has expressed his surprise at Menezes' sacking and refused to rule himself out of the running.

Alongside Luiz Felipe Scolari, who won the 2002 World Cup with Brazil, and Corinthians manager Tite, Ramalho has been installed as an early favourite for the vacant position.

"It's hard to say, we do not know what is happening [about the sacking]" he said. "It is a surprise to everyone, the squad was at the very end of the year. If it were in another situation it would be easier to see why, but we do not know what happened.

"It's hard to say, my thinking is at Santos. I have a contract, we are concerned with the game against Corinthians." The coach added confusion to the topic though by hinting to a clause in his contract which may allow him to leave if approached by the CBF.

"It's difficult to talk about it. We were taken by surprise. My contract has a clause that Santos wanted. What counts is what we talked about. I left them to decide if something happened, but it's a very big surprise.

"In relation to the contract, that clause is up to Santos to exercise or not. It will be Santos that will define my future in terms of the Selecao. I will not leave without permission, my contract goes until December 2013.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post
      http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/braz...s-brazil-coach

This guy was a very bad coach. He couldnt win the Olympia with a great squad!

Ohh God please let this happen for our TM-Choach too!
      GN is the only viable option if CQ is removed and we don't even know if GN wants the job at this point because he has just started to roll with Esteghlal. The poor guy is switched around every two seasons right after he's perfected a system and not given the chance to pick the fruits.
      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
      X