No announcement yet.

Behdad Salimi Vs. Kourosh Bagheri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indeed very sad. we iranians never learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
      LATEST UPDATE!

I AM SHOCKED!!!

If this message is true than really I dont know what to say to this garbage reporter who created all this fight:

http://www.allthingsgym.com/weightli...cked-off-team/
      If you haven't been following this saga, after that interview those 5 weightlifters boycotted the team as long as Bagheri is the head coach. I'm siding with Bagheri on this issue, I don't care how good Behdad and the others are, they are acting like a bunch of 5 year olds.

In the end I doubt Bagheri will be removed as he is a very good coach, one of the best Iran has ever had and also he is good friends with Rezazadeh so very small chance he gets fired.. Those 5 idiots will have to put their differences with Bagheri behind them because in the end, Bagheri will not be going anywhere and they are only hurting themselves and their careers..

By the way in the Universiade, youngster Bahador Molaei lifted 196 in snatch and 254 C&J with a total of 450 ! This would give him a silver medal in London 5kg short of Behdad. So when Behdad said in that interview " who else would win you a medal other than me", he might have to eat his words. Behdad has never lifted more than 250 in an official competition even though he's never really had to.

Comment

^
        Thank you and I agree with you 100%.
        Also I am 100% behind Bagheri on this!

He is the coach and a very good one... as soon as some young gentlemen win some honours they get together against the coach! ONLY IN IRAN!!!
        same in football when Mr. Aghili and Mr. Rahmati withdrew from TM! I am glad Queiroz didnt give in and sticked to his ideas... and I hope Bagheri does the same!!!

This bad behaviour by some athletes we have is shameful... truly shameful.... they just want to run away from hard work and hard training!
        Hence, I support Bagheri 100%.

Also Iran did very well few months ago (with coach Bagheri) with new weightlifters in the youth weightlifting championships and also recently (with coach Bagheri) in Asian Weightlifting we won few medals including Gold in heavier weights with fresh blood and new weightlifters.
        I trust Bagheri, he is a blessing for our Weightlifting team in the last 3-5 years.
        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

wow... where to begin with this.. Truly sad and disappointing
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Kurosh bagheri had a heart beating problem and hospitalized, Salimi visited him nonetheless and got punched in the face by a domestic weightlifting coach....

I wish Bagheri all the best to recover fast from this.... in few days time the World Weightlifting championships starts.....

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

unreal

Comment

what do you expect from former zibzamini foroosh who now call themselves coaches
                TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by persianallstars View Post
                  what do you expect from former zibzamini foroosh who now call themselves coaches
                  who was a sibzamini forush?
                  PS jan,

if you refer to bagheri, well I support him 100%....
                  first, Bagheri was the World Champion in weightlifting 90 Kgs himself....
                  2ndly he is by all standards the best Iranian Weightlifting coach we ever had, who in my oppionion is also among the best worldwide....

if you refer to the guy who punched Salimi in the face, then I dont know who he was, I couldnt see his face in the vid... do you know who he is?

Comment

wow punching the strongest man in the world ?

god i'd love to see salimi smash that guys face in

Comment

Shogun do you have any analysis of the upcoming weightlifting world championships? Any insight of our medal chances and in what weight classes? Would love to hear about it if you do. Your wrestling knowledge was very impressive.

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post
                      If you haven't been following this saga, after that interview those 5 weightlifters boycotted the team as long as Bagheri is the head coach. I'm siding with Bagheri on this issue, I don't care how good Behdad and the others are, they are acting like a bunch of 5 year olds.

In the end I doubt Bagheri will be removed as he is a very good coach, one of the best Iran has ever had and also he is good friends with Rezazadeh so very small chance he gets fired.. Those 5 idiots will have to put their differences with Bagheri behind them because in the end, Bagheri will not be going anywhere and they are only hurting themselves and their careers..

By the way in the Universiade, youngster Bahador Molaei lifted 196 in snatch and 254 C&J with a total of 450 ! This would give him a silver medal in London 5kg short of Behdad. So when Behdad said in that interview " who else would win you a medal other than me", he might have to eat his words. Behdad has never lifted more than 250 in an official competition even though he's never really had to.

Comment

^
                        Shogun Rua can def. give the best analysis, and I also wait to hear from him soon on this.

as far as our medal chances are concerened we have at least 4 serious contenders:

69 kgs: Jaber Behrouzi: very young but also strong, he did very well at universidad 2013 and won Asian Gold 2013.
                        77 kgs: Rasul Taghian: perhaps our biggest medal hopeful, young and very strong lifter, won Gold and broke Universidad record in 2013 + Asian Gold 2013.
                        85 kgs: Sohrab Moradi: good lifter, Asian Gold 2013.
                        +105 kgs: Bahador Molaei: very young lifter, very strong, came close to win Gold in universidad 2013. He can break both Salimi's and Rezazadeh's record one day. Can be the surprise lifter at the world championships in few days time...

again, Kurosh Bagaheri did very well building this weightlifting team in the last few years, we have a strong and young team, and on top of that we have also serious Junior weightlifters, who can step up in few years time to occupy the senior places...

Comment

^^ Lol I'm sure there are a few people or even many people on this forum who follow and know much more about Iran's weightlifting than me... I personally think only Taghian and Molaei can win medals.

This was posted on another forum by an Iranian (I don't know if he's on this forum but if he is you should speak to him because he knows much more than i do about our weightlifting and in general every other sport, he's an encyclopedia for Iran sports)

This was posted on 30th September
                          National team weightlifters had a competition today. this is their results

62kg: Majid Askari 134+171=305
                          * Unofficial C&J and Total national records for Askari, very good improvement for him even though still not good enough for a world medal

69kg: Jaber Behrouzi 148+180=328
                          69kg: Sajjad Behrouzi 145+170=315
                          * Good record for J. Behrouzi, new unofficial total NR and his PB, 5kg improvement for him, I think he is not that far from a world medal with this record, his cousin is at least 10kg away.

77kg: Rasoul Taghian 165+205=370
                          * This record is most probably enough for gold in Poland, he had 3 unsuccessful attempt to 211kg World Record.

94kg: Alireza Dehghan 170+207=377
                          * unofficial world youth record for Dehghan ! , he is too young and this is a very good record for him, but he has no chance with this record to even compete in Group A !

105kg: Mohammad Reza Barari 181+223=404
                          105kg: Kia Ghadami 177+223=400
                          * Good record for both of them, but still probably not good enough for a world medal, I think they need "at least" 410 for that.

+105kg: Bahador Molaei 193+240=433
                          +105kg: Alireza Soleimani 190+230=420
                          * not a good record for Molaei, but it's not his max, he lifted 200kg for the 1st time in his 4th snatch attempt (didn't count for him but still) and he had an unsuccessful attempt to 260kg, he jumped from 240 to 260 and didn't try 250 or something like that. very good record for Soleimani, he is too young and his record is probably good enough for a top 10 finish in World Senior Championship. if he continues like that he will be the next World Champion.

without Bagheri and Rezazadeh, apparently nobody managed the situation and the stadium was too noisy during the competition, some of these weightlifters claim they could lift better in a normal situation
                          and he posted this yesterday:

Strong rumors here say Rashid Sharifi and Sohrab Moradi both tested positive for doping during Asian Championships even though nothing confirmed yet but the way Moradi left the team without any excuse means this rumor is probably true but still we have to wait for official confirmation from IWF, even if it's true they still can defend themselves maybe they have an acceptable excuse for using the drugs

Comment

^
                            your info is always valuable!
                            guys, if it helps anything Iran won the Men's Asian Weightligting Championship 2013 in last summer.... of course International weightlifting is a lot more tougher, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post
                              This was posted on another forum by an Iranian (I don't know if he's on this forum but if he is you should speak to him because he knows much more than i do about our weightlifting and in general every other sport, he's an encyclopedia for Iran sports)
                              yes I'm here

Comment

Is there a stream for the 2013 Weightlifting championship? Anyone has any links?

Comment

Working...
                                X