Arsalan Kazemi @ Philadelphia 76ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsalan Kazemi @ Philadelphia 76ers

Arsalan was drafted by the Washington Wizards with the 54th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft in Brooklyn, NY. He was subsequently traded to the Philadelphia 76ers. Arsalan is the first Iranian-born player to be drafted by an NBA team. He now joins the Iranian legend Hamed Haddadi as the 2nd Iranian in the NBA.

video Carter-Williams, Kazemi Introduced
    President and General Manager Sam Hinkie joined draftees Michael Carter-Williams and Arsalan Kazemi at PCOM Friday afternoon. See how MCW feels his Philly connections will help him transition to the city and how Kazemi feels about being the first Iranian draftee.

Sixers Acquire Rights to Arsalan Kazemi

PART OF A SERIES OF TRADES MADE IN THE SECOND ROUND OF LAST NIGHT’S DRAFT
    PHILADELPHIA, PA. – JUNE 28, 2013 – The Philadelphia 76ers announced today that they acquired the draft rights to forward Arsalan Kazemi (are-suh-lahn kah-ZEE-me) as part of a series of trades made during the second round of last night’s NBA Draft. Kazemi was selected 54th in the NBA Draft, becoming the first Iranian player drafted into the NBA.
    The Sixers started by trading the 35th overall pick to Washington in exchange for the 38th overall pick and the 54th overall pick, where Kazemi was eventually selected.
    The Sixers then traded the 38th overall pick to Milwaukee for the 43rd overall pick and Houston’s 2014 second round pick.
    The Sixers then traded the 43rd overall pick to Dallas in exchange for Brooklyn’s 2014 second round pick.
    Kazemi (6-8, 226) was the first Iranian-born player to compete in NCAA Division I men’s basketball. Phoenix’s Hamed Haddadi became the first Iranian to play in the NBA as a member of the Memphis Grizzlies in 2008.
    As a senior at Oregon last season, Kazemi averaged 9.4 points, a team-high 10.0 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 2.0 steals while shooting 59.5% from the floor in 35 games played. He earned Honorable Mention All-Pac-12 and became the first Duck ever to be named to the Pac-12 All-Defensive team.
    Kazemi spent his first three seasons at Rice, averaging a double-double as both a sophomore and a junior. For his entire collegiate career, Kazemi had nearly as many steals (225) as turnovers (232).

Last edited by PERSIANMAFIA; 06-28-2013, 02:04 PM.

Wow, that's great. I know virtually nothing about basketball, so could somebody tell me how good Kazemi is? 54th pick seems fairly low, what number does it go up to? Also is he likely to be a starter or will he sit on the bench like Haddadi?

Comment

Originally posted by Khashayar View Post
      Wow, that's great. I know virtually nothing about basketball, so could somebody tell me how good Kazemi is? 54th pick seems fairly low, what number does it go up to? Also is he likely to be a starter or will he sit on the bench like Haddadi?
      goes up to 60 but apparently they wanted to take him at around 35 at first

they still got some big changes to make until the season starts so no one knows if he will play or if the team will be any good

Comment

Great for him, happy to have another Iranian in the NBA! best of luck to him, we will be watching his highlights

Another nice article on him for those interested http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...unding-machine
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

So what is the next step, when will we find out if Arsalan has signed a contract or not?
          Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

OOT
            so glad sixers brink Kazemi to the club

Im fans of 76ers since one of our countrymen, Indonesian Media Magnate Erick Thohir is one of the owners of this team,he also owned Major League Soccer club, D.C. United,
            and right now according to Italian media,he's in talk to buy Inter Milan from Moratti

Comment

He is on the front page of yahoo

Comment

next for Arsalan is the Nba summer league to impress the coaching staff so he can get himself on the roster for this season and a contract.

remember, only first round picks have Guaranteed Contract. Second round players do not get a contract
                IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                  next for Arsalan is the Nba summer league to impress the coaching staff so he can get himself on the roster for this season and a contract.

remember, only first round picks have Guaranteed Contract. Second round players do not get a contract
                  Serioulsy the rules in nba are very weird, with their contract not contract, draft, 1st round of draft, a team buying a guy, then selling him the next minutes, team of eastern conference that play against west team...

Comment

^^most 2nd round picks will eventually get a contract but it is not guaranteed and they still have to EARN their contract in the practices and summer league. if a team feels that they do not need him they will simply release him!! at the same time, since 2nd round picks do not have guaranteed contract they can negotiate their contract, for most 1st round picks their salary is FIXED, which means they do not have room for negotiation!! technically speaking 2nd round pick players can get better and more flexible contracts if they team decides that they are good and want to keep that player!!!
                    IRI = FAILED

Comment

I was playing ball today with a few of my friends from school who are diehard sixers fans from Phili....they are extremely excited to have arsalan and supposedly a lot of other sixers fans are too. If true, that is very encouraging and can give arsalan a big morale boost. I can definitely see him being as one of those fan favorite type of players being that he is a hussler/rebounder
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

oh man im glad hes not with the wizards as i originally thought. the sixers are much closer to being a decent team, and are maybe a good free agent away from being a 7th or 8th seed in playoffs next year. even though most 2nd rounders dont make it into the team initially, i really see good things for AK at philly.

Comment

On VOA:
                          http://youtu.be/qHhug25fPQ4

Comment

Is Arsalan on his way back to iran?? He made a weird status update on his facebook site, does anyone know what it's about??

https://www.facebook.com/ArsalanKaze...ocation=stream
                            Team Melli - Traxtor - Barcelona

Comment

Originally posted by AranTZ View Post
                              Is Arsalan on his way back to iran?? He made a weird status update on his facebook site, does anyone know what it's about??

https://www.facebook.com/ArsalanKaze...ocation=stream
                              i doubt it man. people are just assuming.

he's prob talking about signing his contract. he hasnt officially signed a contract with 76ers but he prob will before the preseason starts in October. He is saying whatever news he has he will post it on his page.

Comment

Working...
                              X