Arsalan Kazemi @ Philadelphia 76ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
    i watched this guy in the asian cup. he was pretty mediocre. i dunno whats all the fuss about
    He is mostly a hustle guy with good instincts on defense, his game doesn't show against inferior opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
      He sucks and his career is over. Thread should be closed!
      PB Jan, hope you are doing well. Can you please update us on what's going on?

Comment

Philly trading Young to get Bennet in the agreed Love deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
          Philly trading Young to get Bennet in the agreed Love deal...
          im not familiar with them, what does that do to arsalan's chances?

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
            im not familiar with them, what does that do to arsalan's chances?
            Not good for arsalan at all, not that Bennett is better, but because he is the same position as arsalan (power forward) and they're trading one of their best players (Thaddeus young) in order to get Bennett.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
              Not good for arsalan at all, not that Bennett is better, but because he is the same position as arsalan (power forward) and they're trading one of their best players (Thaddeus young) in order to get Bennett.
              But Thad Young is a PF too who would have gotten the majority of the mins. I think its a benefit for Arsalan, and it will only make it more maddening when he doesnt play for them this year

Comment

Looks like the Wolves have decided to keep Bennett and are now sending Shved, MBah and Miami's 2015 first round pick.

Comment

Well AK is better than Amoute who is on the decline and a better prospect for a rebuilding Philly. Thank god Minny came to their senses.

Comment

^ Mbah is a SF, and was brought to mentor Joel Embiid because they're good friends. Arsalan should have a good chance now with Young and AB out of the picture.

Comment

Anthony Bennett played for unlv when. I attended there. He has asthmatic problems, which leads him to early fatigue. Other than that, a better talent than AK

Comment

After 6-7 years of following Arsalan Kazemi very very closely i think i can say:

As much as i like Arsalan myself but with his minutes and performances in the World Cup it is now safe to say his NBA dreams are over and he should be looking to dig up some gold in Iran or in the Chinese league... Very sad to see such a talented player make wrong decisions one after another with some silly advices from people around him.

There are a lot to say about what he could've done but that won't change the scenario... He is even pretty much a non factor in the National Team nowadays.

Hope other Iranian basketball players take notes of what he did in his first years of college ball and try to duplicate them. But also look at what decisions he made after his sophomore year and try not to repeat them in their career.

Comment

Averaging 2.5 points and 2.5 rebounds is terrible in a fiba tournament especially for an nba draftee. He was much better in college im not sure what happened to him but the passed year he has turned into a pussy on the court.

Comment

What happened to his confidence. Its not an issue of ability, he simply doesn't play offensively the way he used to. When did he become so timid?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              What happened to his confidence. Its not an issue of ability, he simply doesn't play offensively the way he used to. When did he become so timid?
                              this was a bad tournament for him, he plays the power forward position and since he does not have a jump shot, it is very hard for him to compete in the fiba world cup as most teams play with "Classic" center as position 5, so he does not have a chance to go up against the "Classic" center.
                              "power forward" position is an American pseuo-position that only exist in US. it is relatively un-used outside of US.
                              unfortunately for him, he can't play the 4 position or the forward position neither as he does not have a mid-range jump shot.
                              it is safe to say that he will not have a NBA career after this tournament. he got drafted just because he was the best of All the Left overs on draft day, otherwise he might have not been drafted at all. mind you to say he was drafted 57th place out of 60th places.
                              as someone else mentioned he best option is play in China or european league instead.
                              IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                                this was a bad tournament for him, he plays the power forward position and since he does not have a jump shot, it is very hard for him to compete in the fiba world cup as most teams play with "Classic" center as position 5, so he does not have a chance to go up against the "Classic" center.
                                "power forward" position is an American pseuo-position that only exist in US. it is relatively un-used outside of US.
                                unfortunately for him, he can't play the 4 position or the forward position neither as he does not have a mid-range jump shot.
                                it is safe to say that he will not have a NBA career after this tournament. he got drafted just because he was the best of All the Left overs on draft day, otherwise he might have not been drafted at all. mind you to say he was drafted 57th place out of 60th places.
                                as someone else mentioned he best option is play in China or european league instead.
                                Yes, he had a bad tournament, but that doesn't mean he is a bad player. What happened to the Kazemi who played for Oregon?
                                He needs better advisers and coaching.
                                Simple as that.
                                There are alot worse than him in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X